choosing the right carbohydrates!
Post on 31-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHave you ever struggled with choosing the right carbohydrates? This presentation will help you make the right selections and give you some idea's of where to start! Life is good!
2. Macronutrients: Presentation #1 Choosing Healthy Carbohydrates A presentation of Lifelong Fitness, Inc. 3. Principle #1: Choose Complex Carbs
- Rule #1
- Most of your carbs should come form Veggies
- 3-7 servings per day
- Approxiametly 40-50% of your daily calories
- Then from Fruits
- 3-5 servings
- Approxiamately 30% of your daily calories
- Then from Whole Grains
- 2-4 depending on activity level
- Approxiamately 20% of your daily calories
4. Examples of Fruits and Veggies 5. Remember Variety!
- Bulb Vegetables
- Chives /Garlic /Leeks Onions /Scallions Shallots/Water Chestnuts
- Fruit Vegetables
- Avocados /Chayote/Cucumbers /Eggplant /Okra /Olives /Peppers /Squash/Tomatoes
- Inflorescent Vegetables
- Artichokes /Broccoli /Broccoli rabe/Cauliflower
- Leaf Vegetables
- Arugula /Brussels sprouts /Cabbage/Chicory Chinese cabbage /Collards /Cress /Dandelion nettles /Endive /Lamb's lettuce /Lettuce /Nasturtium Purslane /Radicchio /Savoy /Sea kale/Sorrel/Spinach
- Root Vegetables
- Beets /Burdock /Carrots /Celeriac /Malanga Parsnips /Radishes /Rutabaga /Salsify /Turni
- Stalk Vegetable
- Asparagus /Bamboo/Cardoon /Celery /Chard Fiddlehead /Fennel /Kohlrabi
- Tuber Vegetable
- Cassava/Crosne /Jerusalem artichoke /Jicama Potato /Sweet potato /Taro /Yam
6. Fruit Variety
- Strawberries Watermelon
- *The following was taken from:
- http://bit.ly/cerwjN (Worlds Healthiest Foods)
- I would encourage you all to visit this sitevery cool.
- Hulled barley
- Wheat berries
- This will give you a comprehensive list to choose from
8. Principle #2 Remember the Glycemic Index
- This Video will give you the details of the Glycemic Index
9. Thanks for Watching!
- Please let me know what you want addressed!
- If you know any company that would benefit from our wellness coaching please let me know!