class notes for friday, september 24
out of 16
Post on 24-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 2. TODAYS AGENDA
- Discussion -- current events
- 2) Lecture -- Blog
- 3) Class blogs review
- 3. The Long Tail
- 4. Blogs: Emerging Dominance
- 5. The 90-9-1 Principal
- 6. So what is thing you call a blog?
- A contraction of the term "web log.
- A blog is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.
- 7. Whats the big deal?
- Dynamic content that levels the playing field.
- Engagement with constituents
- Expand reach at minimal cost
- Create a distinctive voice
- Grow awareness of you, a cause or organization
- 8. The Pioneer Woman Blog
- Be yourself.
- Blog often.
- Be varied.
- Allow your boundaries to set themselves naturally.
- Dont be afraid to embarrass yourself.
- Try your best to spell words correctly and use proper grammar.
- If you have writers block, push through and blog anyway.
- 9. Building a Blog: The Basics
- KISS: Keep It Short and Simple
- Get to the point quickly!
- Paragraph headings
- One idea per paragraph
- Links, links, links and more links
- 10. The Theory of Twos
- The first TWO words must engage
- The first TWO lines must be compelling
- The first TWO paragraphs must captivate
- 11. Online vs. Offline Reading
- Offline: read every word
- Online: scan
- Offline: long paragraphs OK
- Online: short paragraphs
- Offline: linear (beginning/middle/end)
- Online: non-linear
- 12. Sample #1: Chris Brogan
- 13. Sample #2: Business Insider
- 14. Sample #3: The Delicious Life
- 15. What is Meta Data?
- Information about content that enables it to be stored in and retrieved from a database.
- 16. Meta Data examples
- Your name
- Transcript of interviews
- Image information: date created/camera/etc
View more >