class notes for friday, october 1
out of 16
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 3. Podcasting
- A podcast is a digital audio or video file that is episodic; downloadable; programme-driven, mainly with a host and/or theme; and convenient, usually via an automated feed with computer software.
- 4. The Podcasting Work Flow
- 1. Produce audio/video file
- 2. Edit audio/meta data
- 3. Upload to server
- 4. Meta distributed to client software (iTunes)
- 5. User downloads file (auto/manually)
- 6. File transferred to portable audio device
- 5. From cloud to computer
- 6. Streaming vs. Download
- Streaming requires constant connection
- to the internet to deliver audio/video files.
- Podcasting downloads the file for later
- use. Cannot listen/watch & download
- 7. How Streaming Works
- So who exactly podcasts?
- 9. Everyone!
- 10. But its not just the big guys
- 11. And its not just audio
- 12. And not just the pros
- 13. Case Study: TWiT
- 14. TWiT Facts
- Started by Leo Laporte in 2005 with two netcasts.
- There are now 15 produced weekly.
- 2 million web impressions per week.
- 400K download This Week in Tech alone
- Advertisers: Ford, Carbonite, Citrix
- 15. Podcasting. So what?
- The rise of on demand media.
- What you want/ When you want/ Where you want
- Everyone/Every government/Every NGO/Every company now has a voice
- Part of the trend of content moving beyond the web
- 16. Blog of the Week
View more >