Youve Got Mail Sermon
out of 20
Post on 05-Dec-2014
- 1. Youve Got Mail Revelation 2:1-7 Ephesus, the Loveless Church
- 2. Revelation 1:5-6
- 5 and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world.
- All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. 6 He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
- 3. Revelation 1:12-16
- 12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man . He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.
- 4. Revelation 1:3
- 3 God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.
- 5. Overview of Revelation 2-3
- 6. Revelation 2:1-3
- Write this letter to the angel[a] of the church in Ephesus. This is the message from the one who holds the seven stars in his right hand, the one who walks among the seven gold lampstands:
- 2 I know all the things you do. I have seen your hard work and your patient endurance. I know you dont tolerate evil people. You have examined the claims of those who say they are apostles but are not. You have discovered they are liars. 3 You have patiently suffered for me without quitting.
- 7. 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21
- Do not scoff at prophecies, 21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.
- 8. 1 John 4:1-3
- 1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. 3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.
- 9. Profile of a True Apostle: 2 Corinthians 11:1-14
- 1 I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with the jealousy of God himself. I promised you as a pure bride[a] to one husbandChrist. 3 But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. 4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.
- 10. Profile of a True Apostle: 2 Corinthians 11:1-14
- 5 But I dont consider myself inferior in any way to these super apostles who teach such things. 6 I may be unskilled as a speaker, but Im not lacking in knowledge. We have made this clear to you in every possible way.
- 11. Profile of a True Apostle: 2 Corinthians 11:1-14
- 7 Was I wrong when I humbled myself and honored you by preaching Gods Good News to you without expecting anything in return? 8 I robbed other churches by accepting their contributions so I could serve you at no cost. 9 And when I was with you and didnt have enough to live on, I did not become a financial burden to anyone. For the brothers who came from Macedonia brought me all that I needed. I have never been a burden to you, and I never will be. 10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, no one in all of Greece[b] will ever stop me from boasting about this. 11 Why? Because I dont love you? God knows that I do.
- 12. Profile of a True Apostle: 2 Corinthians 11:1-14
- 12 But I will continue doing what I have always done. This will undercut those who are looking for an opportunity to boast that their work is just like ours. 13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light
- 13. Revelation 2:4
- 4 But I have this complaint against you. You dont love me or each other as you did at first!
- 14. Jesus Demans to be Lord of our Emotions!
- 1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! 2 Worship the Lord with gladness . Come before him, singing with joy .
- 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didnt love others, I would have gained nothing.
- 15. Philemon 1:8-15
- 8 That is why I am boldly asking a favor of you. I could demand it in the name of Christ because it is the right thing for you to do. 9 But because of our love, I prefer simply to ask you. Consider this as a request from mePaul, an old man and now also a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus.
- 10 I appeal to you to show kindness to my child, Onesimus. I became his father in the faith while here in prison. 11 Onesimus[b] hasnt been of much use to you in the past, but now he is very useful to both of us. 12 I am sending him back to you, and with him comes my own heart.
- 16. Philemon 1:8-15
- 13 I wanted to keep him here with me while I am in these chains for preaching the Good News, and he would have helped me on your behalf. 14 But I didnt want to do anything without your consent. I wanted you to help because you were willing, not because you were forced. 15 It seems you lost Onesimus for a little while so that you could have him back forever.
- 17. Revelation 2:5
- 5 Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you dont repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches.
- 18. The Church must be Light
- You are the light of the worldlike a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matt. 5:14
- Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Phil. 2:14
- 19. Revelation 2:6-7
- 6 But this is in your favor: You hate the evil deeds of the Nicolaitans, just as I do.
- 7 Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches. To everyone who is victorious I will give fruit from the tree of life in the paradise of God.
- 20. Revelation 19:11-15
- 11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. 13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress.
View more >
Youve got mail - Troopers IT-Security Conference ?· Youve got mail Owning an SAP running business via…
Youve got mail: Using e-mail to examine the eﬀect bbushman/BB04.pdfet al., 1980; Gaertner & Bickman,…
1 Youve got pressure ! Ive got pressure ! This is not over yet !! This is not solved yet !!Youve got pressure ! Ive got pressure ! This is not over yet.