Post on 03-Feb-2016
Embed Size (px)
What are some of the most overrated things in India that many seem to follow or do?
Aditya GuptaRequest Bio9.7k Views1.English"Beta English may poem toh sunao uncle ko?"Indian are obsessed with speaking in English, writing in English, dancing in English...
2. Fairness"Beta Fair and Lovely try toh karo, fir dekhna kitney rishtey aayenge."Will it get me Ranbir Kapoor's marriage proposal? If yes, give it to me, aunty.
3. Chetan Bhagat"Chetan Bhagat ka naya book pada tumne?"Seriously? He is the Karan Johar of prose. Enough said!
4. Reality Shows"Kya? TuneRakhi ka Swayamvarnahi dekha?"Let's not even talk about this one.
5. Big, fat Indian weddings"Pata hai, meri shaadi may Shah Rukh dance karne aa raha hai?"And I thought getting married was about committing to the person you love the most.
6. Engineering and Doctor degree"Mera beta bada hokar engineer banega."Yes mom, that's what I was born to be. I don't have any ambition or dream. I just want to become anotherChatur.
7. Cricket"Bhai cricket toh mera religion hai."There are many other sports that India participates in you know. Do you watch the Pro Kabbadi League on Star Sports?Do you even know it exists?
8. Gold"Mummy aur kitni gold rings khareedoge?"Indian moms rule the world of gold jewellery. Even Bapi Da can't beat them when it comes to gold.
9. Honey Singh"Mujhko na pehchani tu, tere ghar akhbaar ni aata?"Newspaper report: "Palwal may hui Honey Singh ki pitai."
10. Starbucks"Starbucks ki coffee toh bas mind blowing hai yaar. The best."Have you ever tried Chennai's filter coffee?
11. The Dialogue: "Log Kya Kahenge?""Beta, shadi kar lo. Varna log kya kahenge?""Umm...he/she's busy chasing his/her dreams." This question exists from the time of Ramayan and I don't think it's going away any time soon.
12. Board Results"Beta kitney marks aaye 12th may?"Throughout the year, these people don't even remember your name but they become your parents' best friends the day your results come out. Auntyji, may I kill you?Please?
13. Foreign Brands"Kya? Tune yeh flea market se liya? I shop only from Zara."We are obsessed with foreign brands. We indulge in brands not because they are worth it but because they represent our status in society.
14. Virginity"Haw! You're not a virgin?"Virginity is the most overrated thing in India. Every boy wants to marry a virgin girl and every girl wants to marry a virgin guy. Just one question: "Shaadi ke baad bhi virgin hi rahoge kya?"
CREDITS : SCOOPWHOOPLINK :http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothe...