how to prepare a catchy power point presentation?
out of 28
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONUSAID Sustainable Local Development Project November 2013
- 1. How to prepare a catchy PowerPoint presentation? Tips and tricks for an electronic presentation
- 2. Technology
- 3. Cont rast Light text on a dark background Dark text on a light background
- 4. Light on dark Pluses: Looks expensive Its calming Minuses: Darkened room Powerful data projector
- 5. Dark on light Pluses: Does not depend on light Easy to read Minuses: Isnt it too light?
- 6. Cont rast Avoid using green text on a red background and red text on a green background
- 7. Patterned background Disturbing Problems / scary with contrast Distracting
- 8. Recommendation use dark text on light background
- 9. Text Two types of letters: Fonts using letters with heels Fonts using letters without heels Serif Sans serif Example: Times Example: Arial
- 10. Serif fonts Pluses: Easier for reading long texts Minuses: Looks old-fashioned Smaller (10%)
- 11. Sans serif fonts Pluses: Modern and distinct Minuses: Harder for reading long texts
- 12. Lower and UPPER case Lower case is easier to read THAN THE UPPER CASE Successful industrieslinked through vertical (buyer/supplier) and horizontal (common customers, technology, channels etc.) relationships (Michael Porter) Geographic concentrations of interconnected companies and institutions in a particular field (Michael Porter) SUCCESSFUL INDUSTRIES LINKED THROUGH VERTICAL (BUYER/SUPPLIER) AND HORIZONTAL (COMMON CUSTOMERS, TECHNOLOGY, CHANNELS ETC.) RELATIONSHIPS (MICHAEL PORTER) GEOGRAPHIC CONCENTRATIONS OF INTERCONNECTED COMPANIES AND INSTITUTIONS IN A PARTICULAR FIELD (MICHAEL PORTER)
- 13. Recommendation ... use lower case size at least 28 highlights - bold alignment!
- 14. Types of slides Bulleted / Numbered Diagrams Charts Visualization
- 15. Bulleting / numbering To outline the message Only the essence Size of the bullets Different color Recommendation: 5 - 6 lines per slide
- 16. Diagrams Logical Pay An processes attention to the direction appropriate visualization Step I. Statement Change Step II.
- 17. Charts Highly recommended visualization Supports fact-based statements Tip: Change colors
- 18. Visualization An appropriate complement to the text Makes presentation more catchy and easier to understand ClipArt or picture or
- 19. Recommendation If possible avoid the Microsoft Gallery ClipArts
- 20. Animations Text Bullets / lines Inserted objects Slides / pictures transition Shades
- 21. Animation of text From Left From Right From Top From Bottom Zoom In Grow & Turn Swivel Spiral In
- 22. Bullets - lines One sentence on page without animation Animate more information From left to the right Avoid automated animations Possibly fade the color
- 23. Animation of objects Pay attention to the direction!!
- 24. Slides / pictures transition Different slide design without animation Similar slides with the same background animate Preferably simple animations
- 25. Recommendation Prefer simple animations in the direction of reading
- 26. Recommendation Sounds Its better to avoid!! Only through external loudspeakers
- 27. Contents
- 28. Typical structure of a presentation You We have a problem have the solution This is how it works You can easily have it _
View more >
Mickey and Yaco's Catchy Piano! 2, 2012, 0988683121 ... and Yaco's Catchy Piano! 2, 2012, 0988683121, 9780988683129, Greendog Piano Studio, 2012 DOWNLOAD
Catchy language/ideas/story to get readers’ attention Reason why you’re discussing what you’re discussing A THESIS—the point of your paper Sometimes
Introduction to Marketing - Davis School District / to Marketing. ... Jingles - A catchy tune that contains lyrics that ... catchy music and jingles as well as slogans or phrases
myGov task task 1 Prepare a roadmap ... Display of quotable quotes, catchy slogans on cleanliness / ... maintain the area clean green can be printed on the