Facebook to launch free net mobile app for rcom users
out of 5
Post on 17-Aug-2015
- 1. Facebook to Launch Free Net Mobile App for RCOM Users App will offer basic internet services in categories such as health, education
- 2. Contd.. Facebook is set to launch internet.org, an initiative to provide internet access to those who don't have it, in India through a tie-up with Reliance Communications, two people familiar with the development said.The social media giant and India's fourth largest mobile operator have called a joint press conference in Mumbai on Tuesday for, what the invite says, one launch that will make a billion dreams take off . The people quoted above said it's for the launch of internet.org mobile application exclusively for Reliance Communications (RCom) users, providing basic internet services in categories such as health, education, communication, jobs and local information free of cost.
- 3. Contd.. The companies declined to comment. The Anil Ambaniowned company , which has around 60 million subscribers who don't use data services, is hopeful that many such customers will opt for da ta services once intro duced to the internet through the free-of-charge experience. Internet.org -a partner -a partnership between Facebook and six mobile and technology companies, namely, Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia, MediaTek, Qualcomm and Opera Software, launched in August 2013 - has already connected Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Colombia and Ghana, accord ing to its website. Interestingly, Facebook partnered Airtel, India's top mobile operator, to launch internet.org app in Zambia, Kenya and Ghana.
- 4. Contd.. For Facebook, India is the third largest market after the US and Canada, with 112 million monthly active subscribers, and among the fastest growing. As India's Internet user base increases, thanks to a surge in smartphone sales, the potential subscriber base for the social networking giant also increases manifold. The internet.org project has three parts: internet.org app that provides free basic Internet services to mobile users and nudges them to embrace data; innovation lab that replicates network conditions in remote areas for app developers to test whether their solutions would work in areas with low bandwidth; and, connectivity lab to help increase connectivity for unconnected populations through high- altitude drones, lasers and satellites.
- 5. For details and bookings contact:- Parveen Kumar Chadha THINK TANK (Founder and C.E.O of Saxbee Consultants & Other-Mother ) Email :-email@example.com Mobile No. +91-9818308353 Address:-First Floor G-20(A), Kirti Nagar, New Delhi India Postal Code-110015
View more >
Mobile App for iPhone and Android - App NEW.pdfMobile App for iPhone and Android. ... Mobile app is compatible with both iPhone and Android devices. iPhone users go to App Store. Android users go to Google Play.
11 Mobile App Growth Hacks To Acquire Users Mobile App Growth Hacks To Acquire Users Arkenea - Technical Co-founders to your Mobile and Web Startup | Driving mobile app downloads is far ...
AIRWATCH FOR USERS - ?· To download the AirWatch agent, please launch the App Store. Picture 48: App…