out of 10
Post on 26-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation from the Wiltshire Geography Conference - June 2008
- 1. Geography conference The Big Picture
- The new secondary curriculum is more than just the revised programmes of study.At its heart is a new curriculum planning and design approach that aims to promote:
- Increased flexibility to make the curriculum more coherent for learners
- Opportunity to tailor/customise/localise to make more impact on the learner
- Whole curriculum design (aims, subjects, skills, personal development, cross-curricular dimensions)
- To support this schools are being encouraged to consider their curriculum in the context of the whole learning experience of children and not just the lessons.
- With this in mind three core questions will be at the heart of the delivery of materials, briefings and the programme as a whole:
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How can we organise the learning?
- How are we achieving our aims?
- Reflecting these approaches and the core aims of the curriculum there is a new layout for subject programmes of study:
- Importance statement
- Key concepts
- Key processes
- Range of content
- Curriculum opportunities
- implementing the new curriculum is intended to be awhole school process
- Discuss with the person next to you.. What you want learners to look like when they leave.
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
6. Where can I find out more? 7. 8. 9. PLTS 10. Curriculum opportunities
View more >