westlake high school class of 2014. whs graduating class of 2014! college graduating class of 2018!
out of 27
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Westlake High School Class of 2014
- Slide 2
- WHS GRADUATING CLASS OF 2014! COLLEGE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2018!
- Slide 3
- SUBJECTSEMESTERSCREDITS English8 (4 years)40 Health1 (1/2 year)5 Mathematics (must include Algebra 1) 6 (3 years)30 Physical Education4 (2 years)20 Phys. Science (Geosci or Chemistry) 2 (1 year)10 Biology2 (1 year)10 World Hist/Geography2 (1 year)10 US History2 (1 year)10 United States Government 1 (1/2 year)5 Economics1 (1/2 year)5 Visual/Perf. Arts OR Foreign Lang. 2 (1 year) 10 Electives 75 CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) PASSING SCORE ON ENGLISH AND MATH230 Classes are worth 5 credits per semester. You must earn a D or better to receive high school credits for a class. You must earn a C or better for 4- year university admissions.
- Slide 4
- Subject1 yr a History-2 years Two years of History/Social Science, including: one year of U.S. History or one semester of U.S. History and one semester of American Government, ANDfor CSU, two semesters of History/Social Science from either a or g subject areas ANDfor UC, two semesters of World History, Cultures and Geography from the a subject area. b English-4 years Four years English, which can include not more than one year of ESL/ELD courses c Mathematics-3 years Algebra I and II, Geometry Three (3) years Math (Algebra I and II, Geometry); four years recommended d Laboratory Science-2 years Biology, Chemistry Two years laboratory Science including: For CSU, one year of Physical (e.g. Chemistry) and one year of Biological Science (one of which must be from the d subject area with the other from either d or g) andfor UC, at least two of the three core disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics (both from the d subject area and three years recommended). e Foreign Language-2 years Two years of language other than English. Must be the same language. Three years recommended. f Visual or Performing Arts-1 year One year Visual or Performing Arts. Students must complete a single year-long course selected from the disciplines of dance, drama/theater, music or visual arts. g College Preparatory Elective-1 year One year elective chosen from any of the areas on the approved a-g course list, excluding those designated as non-elective (lower-level mathematics, language other than English, and visual and performing arts). A unit is equal to one year or two semesters. Freshman applicants must complete the same pattern of 15 units of required courses. A-G SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS California State University (CSU)University of California (UC )
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- High School Graduation Four years of English A-G Reqt: Four years of college prep (CP) level or higher. Must pass with grade of C or better.
- Slide 7
- High School Graduation Must complete total of 30 credits on the high school site, including Algebra 1 A-G Reqt: Three years of CP level or higher. Must pass with a grade of C or better.REQUIRED Algebra 1 CP / H Geometry CP / H Algebra 2 CP / HRECOMMENDED AP Calculus AP Computer Science Discrete Math Math Analysis CP/Honors Multimedia Information Technology AP Statistics
- Slide 8
- High School Graduation Any level of: World History or AP European History US History U.S. Government & Politics Economics Applying to 4 Year Colleges ( a.k.a A-G Reqt): Must pass with C or better World History CP or AP European History US History CP or AP (U.S. Government & Politics CP or AP) (Economics CP or H)
- Slide 9
- High School Graduation Biological Science (1 yr) Physical Science (1 yr) A-G Reqt: Two years of laboratory science. Must pass with C or better. 2 Years Required Biology CP / H Chemistry CP / H 3 rd Year Recommended Advanced Anatomy H ( Teacher approval required ) AP Biology AP Chemistry AP Environmental Science Marine Science CP Physics CP/AP Physiology/Anatomy CP/H Forensic Science CP
- Slide 10
- For High School Graduation Only: Physical Education (two years) Health (one semester)
- Slide 11
- High School Graduation 1 year of Visual & Performing ArtOR 1 year of a World Language A-G Reqt: Must pass with C or better. 1 year of Visual & Performing ArtAND 2 years of the same world language (3 years recommended) Examples: Ceramics, Art Media, Theater, Architectural Design, American Sign Language, French and so forth
- Slide 12
- High School Graduation Every class taken above and beyond the previously listed graduation requirements will count towards the 75 credit elective requirement A-G Reqt: Must pass with C or better. 1 full year of a CP/H/AP level elective is required (above and beyond previously mentioned requirements) Electives include courses such as Wood Shop, Foods, Journalism and so forth Remember: electives may also be additional science courses, social sciences, art classes, extra year of a language, etc.
- Slide 13
- Must log in with student id and password! After logging in, students will begin adding requests to their Zangle account. These requests will be discussed during the individual student meetings over the next two weeks. Online tonight!
- Slide 14
- Slide 15
- Sign up in September in the CCC to take the PSAT Log-in to Naviance and reacquaint yourself with this useful tool (link to Naviance from the WHS website): Username= student email address Password= student id Use the College Tab to begin the college research process Use the My Planner tool in Naviance to get organized Use the Careers tab in Naviance to explore how college majors relate to various career
- Slide 16
- Get Ready for the SAT and/or ACT Plan your spring testing schedule Register online through CollegeBoard.com (SAT) and ACTstudent.org Study for final exams in January
- Slide 17
- Start visiting local colleges Use SuperMatch tool on Naviance to narrow your college list Update your list of preferred schools using the College Im Thinking About tool Prepare for AP exams Use the Enrichment Programs link in the Colleges tab in Naviance to explore various summer program Think about volunteering, traveling abroad and internships, or think about taking a summer class
- Slide 18
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- How to sign up Link to Naviance from the WHS website: www.conejo.k12.ca.us/whs/counseling.aspx User name = email address Registration/Password = student ID # Dont change password! Need an email address? www.yahoo.com www.hotmail.com www.gmail.com
- Slide 21
- Slide 22
- Slide 23
- Slide 24
- Slide 25
- Slide 26
- College and Career Center: Mrs. Sandra Dewitt, Sub for Mrs. Cassie Sandifer, firstname.lastname@example.org@conejo.k12.ca.us Naviance: http://connection.naviance.com/westlakehttp://connection.naviance.com/westlake WHS Counseling: www.conejo.k12.ca.us/whs/counseling.aspxwww.conejo.k12.ca.us/whs/counseling.aspx High School Course Directory High School/College Requirements Power Point Presentations Links to helpful resources Counseling Documents and more SAT/AP: www.collegeboard.orgwww.collegeboard.org ACT: www.act.orgwww.act.org
- Slide 27
- For Attending!
View more >