Vlerick HRday 2013: Change Management - Philippe Persyn & Marc Verbruggen
out of 16
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 0Vlerick HR Day - June 12thPhilippe PersynMarc VerbruggenThe road to the future...when nothing is certain,all is possible
- 2. This is not...A story of heroesTHE success storyThe perfect road towards the future
- 3. Our journey Our hopes and fears Collaboration Personal learning & leadership Understanding and misunderstanding Managing the paradoxIt is about...
- 4. Reorganization:Dead Endor Investment in the Future?
- 5. 2009: No more certainties?!4Liquids & CreamsProductionQC LabsWarehouseParenterals ProductionTransdermalsProduction
- 6. Announce: Nov 2009Implementation : 2012/13CAMPUSR&DStaffFunctionsBeerseManufacturingLiquids &CreamsTransdermalsSteriles SupportingKey complexitiesTime: friend or enemy? RetentionOne big family? Different realities
- 7. One truth: multiple realities Different chains limitview on the truth Acknowledge it,respect it, embrace itEmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 8. Employees: keep distance ... ?(*)(*) you might need to fire someoneEmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 9. Our primarytask asdepartmentCare for ouremployeesNew positionswithin JSCGood workingenvironment alsoin tough timesTransparentcommunicationHighest productQualitySafe environmentReliable supply contractEmployees: keep distance ... ?EmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 10. Handle with priorityOn or off the boat?Retention! Hope is a dangerous strategyProvide the toolsClear who decides(*) they might have a different opinionLeadership team: limit involvement ...? (*)EmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 11. Your key sponsors No delegating up THEY need YOU Ask what YOU need26 positions were re-createdStrong Campus support: Operator- & Flex Pool(*) they might think it is out of controlSenior Management : Tell them all is undercontrol...?(*)EmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 12. - We all have our roles- Unilaterally stop negotiations- Helping our employees- Thinking outside of the box- Mutual respect(*) Their opinion is different anyhow?Unions : Involve when strictly necessary...?(*)EmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 13. - Implementor > Execution- Avoid Business as Usualphenomenon- HR Business partnership- Be the face of the change- Sometimes you just dontknow and stay awake at night...(*) you might be seen as a weak leader/personOurselves : Be strong...? (*)EmployeesLeadershipteamSeniorManagementUnions Ourselves
- 14. Where it has led us to ... Employees: Employee impact: significantlyreduced Leadership team: no regrettablelosses Sr. Management: Beerse siterecognized as key manufacturing site Unions: we each have our roles,mutual respect Ourselves: ... Some people liked our approach,others didnt
- 15. Key take awaysYou are onlyhuman Lookfor partnershipsBrand your re-organizationImplementation> ExecutionStay open tohowenvironmentevolves[Connect]A bit of naivitymight help
- 16. 15The road to the future...when nothing is certain,all is possibleThank you!
View more >
Novelties in the Vlerick library - Vlerick Business School /media/Corporate/Pdf-brochures...Novelties…