using the internet to connect educators and their instructional ideas anyone can sign up @...
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Using the Internet to Connect Educators and Their Instructional Ideas ANYONE CAN SIGN UP @ www.cteonline.org
- Slide 2
- What is CTE Online? A free web resource with online curriculum development and sharing tools for CTE educators SB 70 Funded Program through The California Department of Education Averaging over 300 Visitors a Day and Growing!
- Slide 3
- What is CTE Online? The project to date, has developed 50 model courses containing over 2,100 lesson plans by California teachers.
- Slide 4
- The CTE Community Total # of Visits = 324,328 Unique # of Visitors = 228,823
- Slide 5
- Who is CTE Online? This year, teams of teachers were convened in different CTE pathway areas across the state, including a teams of Food Science, Dietetics and Nutrition, Careers In Education, Fashion Design, and Interior Design to create lessons and activities.
- Slide 6
- Courses Developed in 2011-12 Careers In Education Fashion Design Food Science, Dietetics, and Nutrition Interior Design
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Facilitators Liz Ashenbrenner Kerry Doll Armida Gordon Pat Peck
- Slide 9
- Contributors At conference: Amy Bean
- Slide 10
- Courses Careers In Education* Child and Adolescent Development Culinary Arts 1 and 2 Fashion Design* Food Science, Dietetics, and Nutrition* Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation Interior Design* * new in 2011-2012
- Slide 11
- Click Each Lesson To Visit the Online Version!
- Slide 12
- Course Outline Course Overview Course level, CBEDS, Hours, Length Related careers Standards Competencies Units Lessons
- Slide 13
- What you can find in a lesson Overview Standards in both common core and HECT Lesson Time Effective Opener Activities including all components Suggestions for implementation Grading Rubrics Assessment
- Slide 14
- Sample Lesson: Science Exploration Overview: In this lesson, students will examine how children learn science, complete some activities in several areas of science, review how to write objectives and concepts children learn at various grade levels and plan a science lesson. I have found that this lesson format can be used in all curricular areas in which students will be developing and presenting lessons in the elementary classroom. It is very engaging for the high school students. They find this format a fun and educational way to review how to write objectives, what children learn at grade levels and is a good way to discover how to teach the chosen curricular area. This is followed by the student actually planning and presenting a lesson at their fieldsite. This also has helped in recruitment of students to the program as "word gets out" that this class is fun, engaging and a way to 'try out" a possible career while in high school.
- Slide 15
- Sample Lesson: Science Exploration Lesson Time: Classroom activities 1 Class Period Fieldsite presentation 2 Hours Standards California Career and Technical Education Standards ECDFS.C.C10.3 Assess available materials and resources for quality and grade appropriateness.Assess available materials and resources for quality and grade appropriateness. ECDFS.C.C10.4 Develop grade-appropriate instructional materials and resources.Develop grade-appropriate instructional materials and resources. ECDFS.C.C7.1 Identify relevant curriculum standards and their use in instruction.Identify relevant curriculum standards and their use in instruction. ECDFS.C.C7.2 Know the basic components of effective standards-based lesson plans appropriate...Know the basic components of effective standards-based lesson plans appropriate... ECDFS.C.C7.3 Use teaching strategies that promote student learning, critical thinking, and pr...Use teaching strategies that promote student learning, critical thinking, and pr... California Academic Content Standards (Reinforced) ELA.9-10.LS.ODOC.1.9 Analyze the occasion and the interests of the audience and choose effective verb...Analyze the occasion and the interests of the audience and choose effective verb... ELA.9-10.W.RT.1.3 Use clear research questions and suitable research methods (e.g., library, elect...2Use clear research questions and suitable research methods (e.g., library, elect...
- Slide 16
- Sample Lesson: Science Exploration Effective Opener Steve Spangler Science..\COR Downloads\Cool Science Experiments from Steve Spangler.flv..\COR Downloads\Cool Science Experiments from Steve Spangler.flv
- Slide 17
- Sample Lesson: Science Exploration Activities, advice, all components: Lecture and study sheet Science Through the Eyes of a Child Activity: at fieldsite
- Slide 18
- Sample Lesson: Science Exploration
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- Assessment for this lesson will be three-fold: Completed notes from lecture Curriculum observation Completed science lesson and fieldsite teacher assessment (found on back of lesson plan) Sample Lesson: Science Exploration
- Slide 21
- Where is CTE Online Going? Curriculum Development: CTE Online will continue to bring together CTE educators from around the state to develop model curriculum. During the 2012-2013 year our teacher teams will focus on creating fully developed pathways, each with multiple sequenced CTE courses containing lessons for a complete year along with major assessments and culminating projects.
- Slide 22
- Where is CTE Online Going? Communities of Practice: CTE Online will launch online communities of practice for each of the 15 CTE industries. The communities of practice will provide a place for CTE teachers to get connected, engage in dialog around their respective industries and pathways, and find relevant resources, articles, research, and support.
- Slide 23
- Where is CTE Online Going? Training & Development: CTE Online will continue to provide curriculum development institutes and other training opportunities around the state.
- Slide 24
- Slide 25
- Professional Development Opportunity FACS 295, 1-2 units Summer, 2012 Dates: July 9-August 19 Cost: $285 per unit Review of current curriculum standards Review of basic format for lesson plans/unit plans Choose any area of HECT curriculum that you want to work on.
- Slide 26
- Professional Development Opportunity Develop units of study and specific lessons based on your course outlines and specifics of your school (bell schedule, semester configuration, if the course is A-G approved, etc) Submit the units/lessons to me electronically I review it giving you suggestions. You make any revisions you need I forward the final product in hard copy form to my dept. chair with a recommendation for you to get the credit. You get the credit (Pass/Fail)
- Slide 27
- If you are interested, contact me at : email@example.com (916) 955-6400
View more >