The Production and consumption of culture
Post on 22-Jan-2018
- 1. Name: Gausvami Surbhi A. Sem: 2 Paper: Cultural studies Paper No: 8 Submitted to: Dr. Dilip Barad, Department of English MKBU university Enrollment No: 2069108420170008 Email id: email@example.com Roll No: 24 Batch year: 2016-18
- 2. Culture refers to the cumulative deposit of knowledge, experience, beliefs, values, attitudes, meanings, hierarchies, religion, notion of time, concepts of universe, acquired by group of people. Culture is communication and communication is the culture Culture is generally considered to be the tradition of people that are transmitted from generation to generation
- 3. Culture is the mode of generating meanings and ideas This mode is negotiation over which meanings are valid. Meanings are governed by power relationship. Elite culture controls the meanings. Non-elite views on the life and art are rejected as testless or useless.
- 4. Culture is not natural thing but it is produced The production and consumption of culture is linked to: (1) Matters of class (2) Matters of economy (3) Matters of representation
- 5. (1) Made (2) Marketed (3) Consumed
- 6. Popular culture is the way of life in which and by which the dominant society lives. Ray Brown: Popular culture is the everyday culture of a group, large or small of people Popular culture is the voice of the people, their practice, likes and dislikes, the lifeblood, of their daily existence Popular culture is the culture of masses.
- 7. Elite culture is related to power. power is the ability to make others do what you would them to do Way of life is culture who is in power. who decide that Shakespeare must be read but not Chetan Bhagat Father of nation National song, national flag, power politics
- 8. Physical Force Wealth State action Social norms Ides Numbers
View more >
Recalibrating culture: production, consumption, policy ?· Recalibrating culture: production, consumption,…
The Culture of Alcohol Promotion And Consumption ?· The culture of alcohol promotion and consumption…
Sustainable Production Consumption Systems || Production–Consumption Systems and the Pursuit of Sustainability
Production, Consumption and Recent Changes of Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages : Part I. The Production and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages
The Sustainability of Production-Consumption Chains ... ?· The Sustainability of Production-Consumption…
Production vs. Consumption and the Carbon content of ?· Production vs. Consumption and the Carbon content…
The culture of sturgeons in Russia: production of juveniles for stocking and meat for human consumption
IMPROVED MANAGEMENT, INCREASED CULTURE AND CONSUMPTION pubs. MANAGEMENT, INCREASED CULTURE AND CONSUMPTION OF SMALL FISH ... total fish production many times, ... West Bengal and Terai, Nepal.
Sustainable Food Consumption and Production in a Food Consumption and Production in a Resource-Contrained World Erik Mathijs, K.U.Leuven ... economics, culture, technology, institutions and the
Consumerism and consumer culture Images are a central aspect of commodity culture and a society dependent on the constant production and consumption of.
Production, Consumption and Future Challenges of Coal ?· Production, Consumption and Future Challenges…
Old" Culture "New" Culture Emphasized Production Emphasized Consumption CharacterPersonality ScarcityAbundance ReligionScience Idealized the Past Looked.
Paper Production and Consumption Facts - Green Production and Consumption Facts ... • Worldwide consumption…
ECONOMICS: The PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, and CONSUMPTION ... ECONOMICS: The PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, and CONSUMPTION of goods and services 1. PRODUCTION: The making of products Example: factories