social psychology comic strip
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. COMIC STRIP A STORY ABOUT JAMIE AND HER GROUP MEMBERS Group Members : Erica Chin (0320460) Lee Shze Hwa (0320053) Hazel Crisostomo (0320152) Tan Yong Chien (0320200) Joel Ling Chyi Jer (0320511) Social Psychology
- 2. Summary Jamie and Anne were forced to join Jacks group for the Charity Business group project. Jack dislike them and refused to take the suggestion of Jamie because he thinks that girls are trouble makers and not capable to completing the task. Jamie and Anne assign to be the sales promoter. They were motivated to sell more product and earn more profit to hit the target in order to get the grade of A+. On the actual day of the Charity Booth, Jamie didnt know how to promote and she decided to learn from others promoters to improve her promoting skills. Their group also decided to change their marketing strategic and come out of the promotion sale to attract more customers and persuade them to buy their products. They only get B+ for the project. Jack started to think that if only he works together with Jamie and Anne, maybe their grade would be higher.
- 3. 5 Concepts Sexism. Extrinsic Motivation. Social Learning Perspective. Persuasion. Upward Counterfactual Thinking.
- 4. Concept 1 : SEXISM DESCRIPTION: Discrimination directed at a specific gender . Treating people unequally due to their gender
- 5. Sexism For the Charity Business group project, all the students were required to form a group of 5-6 people. Jamie and Anne requested to join Jacks group which only had 4 members but Jack refused because he felt that girls are annoying. Since there was 2-female left without a group, Jamie and Anne forced to join Jacks group. Jack underestimate the capability of Jamie and Anne and did not take the suggestions that Jamie gave because Jack thinks that girls are trouble makers, annoying and not capable to completing the task. Concept 1 : SEXISM
- 6. Concept 2 : Extrinsic Motivation DESCRIPTION: Motivation that comes from outside an individuals. Motivation factor : Getting a good grade, reward such as money and fame. The rewards provide satisfaction and pleasure.
- 7. Extrinsic Motivation Jamie aiming to get A+ marks for the project. The task as been divide into group . Jamie and Anne assign to be the sales promoter. They were motivated to sell more product to earn more profit to hit the target , help the Charity and eventually get high marks from this project. Concept 2 : Extrinsic Motivation
- 8. Concept 3 : Social Learning Perspective DESCRIPTION: This theory is the view that people learn by observing others. People learned by observing and imitating the action of others. Can be influence by rewarding or punishment for these actions.
- 9. Social Learning Perspective On the actual day of the Charity Booth Selling T-Shirt Jamie found it so hard for her to do her job as a sales person because she dont have the confidence to deal with others. Then when she started to observe the other promoter beside their booth . She found out that other promoter enjoying and confidently promoting their product from the student who are passing by their booth. She was then learned from them and she started to improve her promoting skills . Concept 3 : Social Learning Perspective
- 10. Concept 4: Persuasive Messages DESCRIPTION: Occurs when a person attempts to convince an individual or group to take actions. Workplace are sales and marketing which are utilized to achieve organizational objectives
- 11. Routes to persuasion While observing the other booth Jamie found out that having promotion SALE is an effective way to attract more buyers That why the group decided to change their marketing strategic , they come out of the promotion SALE and give flyer of buy 2-free- 1 T-shirt. To attract more buyer and persuade the customer to buy their products. Therefore, they can hit the target sales. Concept 4: Persuasive Messages
- 12. Concept 5 : Counterfactual Thinking DESCRIPTION: Thinking about a past that did not happen this often happens in if only situation where we wish something had or had not happened.
- 13. Upward Counterfactuals After the Charity Selling Product though their sales is high but they still didnt manage hit the target. Their group only get the grade of B+ for the project. Jack started to think that if only he work together with Jamie and Anne, their grade would be better. Maybe they able earn more profit and hit the target sales. Concept 5 : Counterfactual Thinking
View more >