net impact - new leaders for better business chapter name date
out of 13
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Chapter Name Date
- Slide 2
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Net Impacts Mission Net Impact is a network of emerging business leaders committed to using the power of business to create a better world.
- Slide 3
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Net Impacts Origin Net Impact (formerly Students for Responsible Business) arose from the energy and enthusiasm of 17 MBA students who participated in a Summer Internship Program sponsored by the Social Venture Network (SVN) in 1993.
- Slide 4
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Who joins Net Impact? Net Impacts members are business professionals and MBA students interested in: Corporate Social Responsibility Social Entrepreneurship Environmental/Sustainable Management Nonprofit Management Socially Responsible Investing Community Development International Economic Development Education
- Slide 5
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS What are the benefits of joining Net Impact? Access to a network of more than 7,000 members and nearly 100 chapters Service Corps opportunities Job and internship postings Net Impacts Annual Conference (nearly 1,000 attendees) Net Impact CSR Weekly Professional development Workshops Fun!
- Slide 6
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Nearly 100 Chapters Worldwide at Top Business Schools and Select Cities
- Slide 7
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Service Corps Lets You Apply MBA Skills to Nonprofit Projects Program assigns MBA teams to support local nonprofit organizations Projects include marketing, finance, strategy, and other MBA skills Nonprofit partners include the Make a Wish Foundation, Red Cross and The United Way Focus on community development, education, environmental and international issues
- Slide 8
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Job and Internship Postings Introduce Members to Meaningful Work
- Slide 9
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS 10 th annual Conference in Washington, DC Hosted by American University, Georgetown, GWU, and University of MD 4 curriculum tracks - Entrepreneurship - Public Policy/Government - International- Environmental Management Over 1000 attendees; 45 countries; 6 of 7 continents Panels, Workshops with entrepreneurs; Business expo 2003 Conference at UT Austin Nov 6-9 Annual Net Impact Conference Provides a Rich Educational Opportunity
- Slide 10
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Net Impact Competitions Case Competition: Co-sponsored by Leeds and Net Impact Crack the Social Case competition Essay Contest: Co-sponsored by The Center for Corporate Citizenship and Net Impact Best MBA Student Paper Contest on Corporate Citizenship.
- Slide 11
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Net Impact Partners Business for Social Responsibility BSR is Net Impacts fiscal sponsor, providing a variety of services to our organization Social Venture Network SVN members conceived of Net Impact, and continue to support the organization Roberts Enterprise Development Fund REDF utilizes Net Impact for a variety of services, such as recruitment of top MBAs Aspen ISIB Aspen ISIB works with Net Impact members to influence curriculum on b-school campuses Center for Corporate Citizenship at BC Net Impact and BC host an annual essay competition to improve corporate practices Leeds School of Business at CU Boulder MBA teams from across the nation come to CU Boulder annually, to crack the case in Net Impacts triple bottom line case competition boardnetUSA (a division of VCG) Volunteer Consulting Group has created a portal for our members seeking board service World Bank Institute Net Impact works with WBI to develop international chapters and to create curriculum-influencing tools
- Slide 12
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Your Net Impact Contacts Faculty Advisor: Ben Klasky Co-Presidents: Seth Goldman, Teresa Whalen LeFevre VP, Marketing: Vanessa Lowe VP, Fundraising and Development: Lynelle Preston VP, Membership: Will Rosenzweig VP, Website: Judith Samuelson VP, Alumni: Karen Schmidt VP, Events: Jim Schorr
- Slide 13
- NET IMPACT - NEW LEADERS FOR BETTER BUSINESS Net Impact Central Office Contact Information www.net-impact.org email@example.com
View more >