gang rape 16/12
out of 26
Post on 11-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONby Akshata 8C
- 1. The Horror of 16/12 *Image via Bing
- 2. December 16, 2012 New Delhi, India 8.30 PM The night when Delhi was put to SHAME
- 3. Evening activity on roads was still at peak then *Image via Bing
- 4. Horror of 16/12 A 23-year-old girl, a physiotherapist intern, along with her male friend was returning home after watching a movie.
- 5. Horror of 16/12 A private bus stops in front of them. A minor tells them that the bus is going towards their destination. Trusting him, the two board that bus. The bus was occupied by six men, including the driver.
- 6. Horror of 16/12 Few minutes later, the bus deviates from its path and the bus occupants lock the doors. Suspicious, the friend of the girl questions the driver. They in turn pass lewd comments at the two for roaming late in the night. When her friend objects to it, they beat him up badly with an iron rod rendering him unconscious.
- 7. Horror of 16/12 Next, they beat up the girl, dragged her to the rear of the bus and raped her as the bus driver continued to drive. The woman tried her best to fight off the criminals but in vain. Such was the brutality of the crime that a rusted iron rod was inserted into her and pulled out with so much force that the act brought out her intestines also.
- 8. Horror of 16/12 The torture went on for an hour or so as the bus made several rounds of a posh locality, unnoticed and unsuspected by the alert Delhi Police. As if the inhuman torture was not enough, the criminals threw the two out of the moving bus and tried to drive the bus over the woman but her partially conscious friend pulled her aside and saved her.
- 9. As the headlines and breaking news flashed across the media next day, the entire nation and world community at large was OUTRAGED
- 10. Millions of people came out in streets in protest against the Government of India and the Delhi government for not providing adequate security to women. *Image via Bing
- 11. Most of these were youths, who are often criticized as being indifferent but not this time *Image via Bing
- 12. The protesters braved lathis And water cannons. *Image via Bing And tear gas shells *Image via Bing *Image via Bing
- 13. Candlelight marches were taken out daily by people of all age groups *Images via Bing *Image via Bing Bollywood fraternity too came out in streets demanding justice
- 14. Police tried to calm tempers but in vain *Image via Bing
- 15. Each day people came .demand death for the rapist *Image via Bing *Image via Bing And prayed for the girl and her family *Image via Bing
- 16. All the accused were arrested and charged with sexual assault and murder *Image via Bing
- 17. These were the culprits.. Six men were arrested in connection with the incident. They included Ram Singh, the bus driver, and his brother, Mukesh Singh, who were both arrested in Rajasthan. Vinay Sharma, an assistant gym instructor, and Pawan Gupta, a fruit seller, were both arrested in Delhi. A seventeen year old juvenile from Uttar Pradesh, referred to as Raju, was arrested at the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi and Akshay Thakur, who had come to Delhi seeking employment, was arrested in Aurangabad.
- 18. Meanwhile, the girl, with just 5 per cent intestines left in her, showed exemplary resilience once again by fighting with death even though her condition deteriorated beyond hope. *Image via Bing The government decided on December 26 to airlift the girl to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore for further care.
- 19. On December 29, the entire nation got a rude shock when they came to know that the girl was NO MORE *Image via Bing Her body was cremated on 30 December 2012 in Delhi under high police security. The government denied access to the media and the public.
- 20. But her death was not in vain. She had awakened the conscience of all.
- 21. Given different names like Nirbhaya (the fearless one), Jagruti (awareness) and Damini (lightning, after the 1993 Hindi film Damini), she has become a rallying point for fighting for security to women. *Image via Bing
- 22. Who was Nirbhaya ? She was born and raised in Delhi while her parents were from a small village in the Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh. She had two younger brothers. Her father, who had no savings, sold his agricultural land to educate her. He works for a private company as a loader in Delhi.
- 23. Will anything change? March 3: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her landlord after being forced to consume a drink laced with sedatives at southeast Delhis Pul Prahladpur. March 6: Three persons were arrested for allegedly raping a 22-year-old bar dancer at their flat at Kusumpur Pahari. *Image via Bing
- 24. How safe are women really? *Image via Bing
- 25. Let us put a stop to rapes
- 26. Let us pay a tribute to Nirbhaya and salute her courage, resilience, dignity and determination to live.
View more >
MSP Gang Programmer (MSP-GANG) User's Guide ?· MSP Gang Programmer (MSP-GANG) User's Guide Literature…
India.Railway Board v. Chandrima Das - Cornell India.Railway Board v. Chandrima Das.2000 Subject: Rape, Sexual Violence/Abuse Keywords: A case of gang-rape under public law
reveals that in the alleged gang-rape incident Case FIR No. 200/12 dated 27.09.2012 u/s 37613421120B/148/149
Criminal Law Chapter 16 Section 2. Types of Crimes Murder- killing someone Murder- killing someone Rape- forced sexual acts Rape- forced sexual acts Kidnapping-
Laurie and Winifred Bauer - Victoria University of Wellington Gang gang da ball and Gang gang a bong
Issue 6 Term 2 2018 - Warrandyte High s/Gang Gang/latest_newsletter.pdf · gang gang warrandyte high…