frsa flash 19 july 2012
out of 16
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. FRSA FLASH 19 July 2012Contents of this news letter are compiled from multiple military family news sources and local area event sources. Materialpresented does not represent the views or endorsement of the 2nd BSTB, 2 nd BCT or the Army. This material is for personal use by the readers. All readers are encouraged to do further research for all applicable restrictions and guidelinesVETERINARY CLINIC ANNOUNCESFRIDAY WALK-IN CLOSURE DATES -- Friday walk-ins at the Fort Drum Veterinary Clinic will not be offered July 20 or 27. ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THINGS TO DO? Visit www.iloveny.com You can choose a category, like beaches and it will list all the beaches in New York State. http://www.iloveny.com/Summer/Themes/Beach- Lists.aspx#thousandislands For example Sylvan Beach is down near Syracuse and they have an amusement park. http://www.sylvanbeachamusementpark.com/Home.html And Filmore Glen State Park is down neat Cortland and they have Waterfalls and walking trails. http://nysparks.com/parks/157/details.aspx Or maybe you would prefer festivals. July 20-22 is the Antique Festival in Liverpool http://greatamericanantiquefest.com/antique_shows/fest1.htm July 27&28 is the Jazz and Wine Festival in Syracuse http://www.cnyjazz.org/nejwf/ It doesnt matter what you are looking for, if you seek it you can find it in New York there is everything from shopping, wine tasting, and spas to hiking, biking, and fishing.
- 2. Attention Parents Pop Warner Cheer leading Meetings Date: 24th of July Location: MPA (Post Theater) Call 772-6718 with questions. Times: Tiny Mites 5:30pm Mighty Mites 6:15pm Jr.Pee Wee 7:45pm Pop Warner football Meetings Date: 23rd of July Location: MPA (Post Theater) Please call 772-6718 with questions Time: Tiny Mites 5:30pm Mighty Mites 6:30pm Jr.Pee Wee 7:30pm Pee-Wee 8:30pm Youth Sports Parents: There will be Sports Physicals being offered at Guthrie on the 21st of July. Please call Guthrie with any questions. This is to help with Fall CYSS Sports registrations requirements.
- 3. IMAXMOST IMAX Theater in Syracuse:www.most.orgZoosNYS Zoo at Thompson Park Watertown: www.nyszoo.orgRosamond Gifford Zoo Syracuse: www.rosamondgiffordzoo.orgToronto Zoo Toronto, Canada: www.torontozoo.com
- 4. Romance Rendezvous Weekend July 21-22Singles are encouraged to find a match to their Romance Rune Stone for a freeround of adult beverages. Already have a soulmate? Treat your sweetheart to a LoversPicnic or attend our Renewal of Vows Ceremony at the Chapel.Pirate Invasion Weekend July 28-29Yaar!! Those pirates are invading the Shire with swashbuckling adventure, comedyand song. Join our Pirate Costume Competition for kids and adults and enjoy rip-roaringshows featuring swordplay and antics throughout the day.Highland Fling Weekend August 4-5Wear your kilt and come celebrate the legendary Scots! Let the captivating sounds of thebagpipes carry you away as you delight in the colorful Highland dancing, games andbreath-taking demonstrations!Fantasy Weekend August 11-12The village of Warwick pays tribute to the myths and legends of Merry Olde England. Sprites, fairies, witches andRobin Goodfellow himself will be seen in a whimsical masquerade of folklore characters. We invite you to join the funin our our Favorite Fantasy Costume Contest!Grand Finale Weekend August 18-19The last chance for a whole year to experience a memorable repast, enjoying our unique and varied culinary delights.Select fine hand-crafted wares from our diverse and gifted artisans. Join in our lively Pub Sing, raising a tankard ofyour favorite ale to bid farewell to yet another glorious season at the Sterling Renaissance Festival. The Gran Finale -the one you must not miss!
- 5. CHECK OUT THE DRIVEIN MOVIES www.baydrivein.com Adults (12 & over) $6 Active duty military with ID $5 Children 7-11 $2 and under 6 free www.blackriverdrivein.com Adults (12 & over) $7 Children 7-11 $2 and under 6 freeNow until Sep 5th (Every Wednesday Night 5-9pm)WatertownConcert on the SquareEvent Description Every Wednesday night the Downtown Business Association will again be hosting "Concert onthe Square" July 5th-September 5th. Bring your lawn chair and listen to the sounds of local musicians.Now until Sep 2nd (Every Sunday 3-5pm)Sackets HarborConcert on the Battlefield State Historic SiteBands are as listed below:Jul 22nd AtlasJul 29th BabikAug 5th The Opera Real String BandAug 12th Prime Time FunkAug 19th The 10th Mountain Division BandAug 26th Quickstep with John Kirk and Trish MillerSep 2nd The Mario De Santis OrchestraNow until Aug 8th (Every Wednesday 7pm)LowvilleVillage Band will perform their 2012 concert series at Veterans Park every Wednesday starting at 7pm. They arealso scheduled to perform a 7 PM program at the Library in Constableville on Friday August 10. Phone: 376-8971
- 6. Now until August 15 (Every Wednesday 7pm)CarthageSounds of Summer Concert SeriesJoin us every Wednesday from 7:00-9:00pm at the Farmers Market Pavilion.Now until Aug 29 (Every Wednesday 7pm)Alexandria BayCONCERT IN THE PARK SERIES Scenic View Park Fuller StreetWednesday evenings at 7 pm enjoy aFREE concert for the public. Each week will be a different genre. Stop in andenjoy the music on the waterfront.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 315-482-9531Links: http://www.visitalexbay.orgJuly 17-21Lowville192nd ANNUAL LEWIS COUNTY FAIR5443 Bostwick St. http://www.lewiscountyfair.org/Bonnie MurphyLewis County FairEmail: email@example.comPrimary Phone: (315) 831-4285Mobile Phone: (315) 709-1150July 20-21Clayton44TH ANNUAL DECOY & WILDLIFE ART SHOWRecreation Park Arena - East Line Rd.This annual event is a summertime favorite. The best wildlife artwork and carvings are on display and for saleduring this event. Many vendors offer demonstrations of their craft. Sponsored by the Thousand Islands Museum.Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 315-686-5794 Links: http://www.timuseum.orgJuly 21-22Alexandria BaySUMMER CRAFT FAIR Scenic View Park Pavilion Fuller StreetOver 30 vendors available for your shopping pleasure. 10am to 5pm each day.Email: email@example.com Phone: 315-482-9531Links: http://www.visitalexbay.orgJuly 21-22Sacekts HarborCAN AM FESTIVALW. Main Street (Sackets Harbor)Food, music, craft fair, parade, fireworks and so much more. This is a great family event.Phone: 315-646-3850July 21ClaytonCONCOURS D ELEGANCE Antique Boat Museum 750 Mary Street Clayton, NY 13624Join us for the most unique and rare display of automobiles in the region!Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 315-686-4104Links: http://abm.org
- 7. July 21-22WatertownJEFFERSON COUNTY FARM & FOOD, FAMILY OPEN DOOR WEEKENDJefferson County agricultural businesses will open their doors to the public. From south of Adams to WellesleyIsland, from Sackets Harbor to Theresa, and at almost every town and hamlet in between, farms, wineries, farmsupply businesses, retail establishments specializing in locally grown products, will all be offering an authenticexperience for the whole family. The choices are many and varied: Take a hay-ride. Meet animals and vegetablesfrom alpacas to zucchinis. Pick your own raspberries or flower bouquet. Explore the agricultural history of theregion. Walk a trail on a farm preserve. Tour a dairy, livestock, or vegetable farm. Find out how grain is milled,wine is made, and yarn is spun. Learn about growing food organically, or inside high tunnels. Visit storesspecializing in locally produced products. Taste locally produced foods and wine. There is something foreveryone. Why not plan to spend the whole weekend exploring the agricultural wealth of Jefferson County? To find the location of participating agricultural businesses and more about each, visit www.agvisit.com,www.comefarmwithus.com, or www.facebook.com/FarmOpenHouse.July 22Cape VincentTIBBETTS POINT 5K-10K RUN/WALKCape Vincent, NY - From South: Take Route 81 North to exit 46. Turn left onto Route 12F and follow to Route 12Eat Paddy Hill. Turn right onto Route 12E into Brownville. Turn left in Brownville and follow Route 12E straightinto Cape Vincent appr
View more >