Post on 15-Jan-2017
Embed Size (px)
A Social Media Phenomenon
SOCIAL MEDIA & HEALTH : FROM EMOTION TO ACTION FOR MEN.In the words of Movember,
The Movember Foundation is a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. Since 2003, millions have joined the mens health movement, raising 402 millionand funding over 1,000 projects focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity.
Linkfluence use social media data to provide an overview of some key campaign elements and learnings.
For the 2015 campaign, 360,000 online conversations took place and 384 million people were reached... The 12th annual Movember demonstrates a growth of awareness and improved fundraising for men's health issues.
The more information that is conveyed, the more awareness is raised. This year the health community was one of the most mobilized communities online, generating more than 18% of the conversation discussing this topic. 19% of content reviewed contained a call for action.
Social and digital are an ideal forum for health related campaigns as evidenced in 2014 by the #IceBucketChallenge. The ongoing success of Movember continues this trend.
Health is one of the great everyday concerns of our lives, in real life and on the social web. It generates more than 20% of searches on Google, 7.5% of the conversations on Facebook, and a growing number of conversations throughout the blogosphere and on Twitter.
This topic is an occasion to remind ourselves that social media conversations are the product of real people, real concerns, real lives.
Listening to these concerns is crucial to understand the world around us.
SOMMAIRE3#Movember : when healthcare turns hipster 4Engagement with Movember 9Changing the face of mens health 14Movember in France 20Movember in China 24Movember in Germany 29Movember in the United Kingdom 33Methodology 37Contact us 39
01#MOVEMBER: WHEN HEALTHCARE TURNS HIPSTER4
MOVEMBER: MORE CONVERSATIONS THAN THE RUGBY WORLD CUP FINAL5
704,000 POSTS 360,000POSTS64,000 POSTS
A HIGH LEVEL OF EXPOSURE6Impressions: 4.36 Billion
Estimated reach: 384 Million
Volume of Posts: 360 Thousand
MOVEMBER : A CROSS CHANNEL CONVERSATION7TWITTER65%
BLOGS & WEBSITES 5%
Share of voice of the Movember conversation GOOGLE+ 1%
MAP OF A GLOBAL ISSUE2. United Kingdom4. France10. Germany 5. Spain
9. Mexico1. United States8. South Africa 6. Australia7. India3. CanadaRanking of top 10 markets
02ENGAGEMENT WITH MOVEMBER 9
WHEN THE HEALTH COMMUNITY MEETS LEISURE COMMUNITIES% of conversation
The top five most engaged communities
Picto au dessus de chaque colonne10
KEY OPINION LEADERS ENGAGING WITH MOVEMBER
1. @SportsCenter (Media)1 tweet - 2,7K RT 4,7K likes21,7M followers2. @Time (Media)1 tweet - 42 RT 44 likes8,6M followers3. @CodySimpson (Australian singer)1 tweet - 482 RT 964 likes7,5M followers4. @people (Media)1 tweet - 34 RT 39 likes6.8M followers5. @DaniAlvesD2 (Football player)2 tweets - 112 RT 347 likes6.7M followers6. @PerezHilton (American blogger)1 tweet - 14 RT 33 likes6.2M followers7. @Mashable (Media)7 tweets 315 RT 427 likes6.1M followers8. @GooglePlay (Brand)1 tweet - 2 RT 2 likes5,7M followers9. @Skype (Brand)5 tweets - 84 RT 242 likes5M followers10. @el_pais (Media)2 tweets - 137 RT 94 likes4,9M followersTop profiles on Twitter by follower count
MOVEMBERS MOST VIRAL POSTS ARE MOSTLY NOT HEALTH RELATED 12
Top 10 most followed brands on Facebook engaging with Movember
FOOD & TECH BRANDS ARE LEADING THE WAY 13
1. Coca-Cola 91,2M fans2. Youtube81,3M fans 3. McDonalds59,7M fans 4. Disney50,6M fans 5. Pepsi33,9M6. Amazon26,2M fans7. Angry Birds25,9M fans 8. Nickelodeon25,8M fans 9. KitKat24,5M fans10. Target22,8M fansTop 10 most followed brands on Facebook engaging with Movember
CHANGING THE FACE OF MENS HEALTH 0314
PROSTATE CANCER LEADS SPECIFIC HEALTH ISSUE RELATED DISCUSSION15
Prostate CancerTesticular CancerMental Health5,9K15,6K6,4K
18.5% OF CONTENT DROVE A CALL-TO-ACTION: WEB USERS WANT TO CHANGE THE FACE OF MENS HEALTH16Call to Action: 18.5%(Reach: 68 Million)Other: 81.5%(Reach 316 Million)
Prciser action de sant 16
EMPLOYEES AT PHARMA BUSINESSES SUPPORTED THE CAMPAIGN17
36 Network members194 Network members102 Network membersNetworks participating in Movember in the workplace via Movember.com
WHILE ONLY A FEW PHARMA BRANDS SEIZED THE OPPORTUNITY18
@IpsenGroupFR4 tweets 354 followers Bayer Facebook: 7 posts 1.28 M fansTwitter: 27 tweets, 109K followers
MOVEMBER BOOSTED DISCUSSION OF HEALTH ISSUES AMONG MEN 19
Chercher les chiffres globaux de chaque plateforme : twitter 55% sont des hommes.
04MOVEMBER IN FRANCE
FRENCH PEOPLE CHOOSE MOUSTACHE OVER PROSTATE21
Most prolific phrases mentioned within Movember content
NUAGE ROMAIN 21
TOP SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS ARE MEDIA22
1. @lemondefr (Media)1 tweet - 75 RT 73 likes4.5M followers
2. @TwitterFrance (Brand)1 tweet - 22 RT 17 likes2.9M followers
3. @20minutes (Media)1 tweet - 15 RT 15 likes1.7M followers
4. @BFMTV (Media)1 tweet - 31 RT 25 likes1.4M followers
5. @AirFranceFr (Brand)2 tweets - 67 RT 96 likes538K followers
MOVEMBER ENTHUSIASM IN FRENCH RUGBY CAPITAL TOULOUSE. GO STADE TOULOUSAIN!23
3. NANTES (3%)1. PARIS (20%)4. LYON (3%)5. BORDEAUX (2%)2. TOULOUSE (5%)Volume of conversation (%)The rugby team of Toulouse helped its city reach the second rank in volume of conversations
Nuage de mots-cls Toulouse 23
05MOVEMBER IN CHINA
MORE THAN 2.5 MILLION PEOPLE REACHED ON SINA WEIBO
On garde seulement 2 510 000 25
MOVEMBER IS TRENDING EVEN IN CENTRAL CHINA
1. BEIJING2. SHANGHAI3. HONG KONG4. CHENGDU7. QINGDAO6. GUANGZHOU8. HANGZHOU9. CHANGSHA5. WUHAN10. CHONGQING
Ranking by number of posts
CHINESE PEOPLE IN THE UK ARE BECOMING BIG FANS OF MOVEMBER
1. United Kingdom
2. United States
3. Australia4. France
Top 5 prolific markets for Chinese language posts outside China
JUSTIN BIEBER IS A MOVEMBER AMBASSADOR ON SINA WEIBO
1. @- (152 776 followers) The official account of an English learning platform run by China Daily, an influential English-language media outlet in China.
2. bbs.bbicn.com @(43 174 followers) The official public account of Bingrenzaixian Forum, talking about the culture of war toys.
3. TED @TEDNews (431 724 followers) The public account of TED, spreading news fromTED.
4. justinbieber @JustinBieber (46 059 followers) A public account of Justin Bieber News, posting exclusive news about Justin Bieber, a Canadian singer and songwriter.
5. @Google(198 252 followers) The official public account of Google China, communicating the products, tech and culture of Google, sharing Googles internet marketing values and experiences.
06MOVEMBER IN GERMANY
IN GERMANY MOVEMBER IS ALSO ABOUT COFFEE30
Most prolific phrases mentioned within Movember content
? NUAGE DE MOTS CLEFS? 30
TECH BRANDS ARE LEADING THE WAY31
1. @Flickr (Brand)1 tweet - 1 RT 2 likes904K followers
2. @DasErste (Media)1 tweet 9 RT 7 likes228K followers
3. @blickamabend (Media)2 tweets - 1 RT 3 likes115K followers
4. @Mazingu_Dinzey (Michl Dinzey)1 tweet 2 likes83,4K followers
5. @DRadioWissen (Media)2 tweets 4 RT - 4 likes33,3K followers
1. Spotify DE (Brand)1 mention - 80 likes 8M fans
2. SanDisk (Brand)1 mention 4 likes2,4M fans
3. River Island (Brand)1 mention 1 like 2M fans
4. Sennheiser (Brand)1 mention 19 likes1,4M fans
5. Bayer (Brand)2 mentions 48 likes1,2M fans
MOVEMBER IS FOR BERLINERS32
(2%)5. DSSELDORF4. COLOGNE (2%) 1. BERLIN(13%)2. MUNICH (6%)3. HAMBURG(4%)Volume of conversation (%)
07MOVEMBER IN THE UNITED KINGDOM33
TOP UK INFLUENCERS ARE JOURNALISTS AND ARTISTS 34
1. @iMinstrel : Mr Smith329K followers
2. @Mr_Mike_Clarke : Michael Clarke 194K followersJournalist & film critic
3. @haydnblower : Hayden Blower 153K followers Singer, dancer & model
4. @Jamesallenonf1 : James Allen 135K followersF1 journalist
5. @Tomivide : Tom Kavanagh120K followersSinger from band idivideMost followed men tweeting about Movember
LONDONERS LOVE MOVEMBER 35
4. NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE (1,3%)2. MANCHESTER (3%)5. BIRMINGHAM (1,3%)3. CARDIFF (1,7%)LONDON15%Volume of conversation (%)
A VISUAL CAMPAIGN IS A VIRAL CAMPAIGN36TOP 10 Nine out of the top ten most viral posts were images.TOP 10 Eight out of the top ten most engaged posts were images, the most engaged post was a video.