amazing facts of trees
out of 25
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Amazing Facts of Trees
- 2. Trees are the longest living organism on the Earth.g g g
- 3. A mature leafy tree produces oxygen for ten people to inhale fyp yg fp pin a year
- 4. One acre of trees can remove up to 2.6 tones of Carbon- di-oxide each year
- 5. No t N tree dies of old age. They are killed by idif ld Th kill d b insects,t disease or people
- 6. An average tree absorbs 2000 liters of water every year.
- 7. The entire tree grows from the top and not from the bottom
- 8. Tree leaves remove tiny particles of soot, dust which otherwise damages human lungs.
- 9. Planting 30 trees in a year offsets green house gasesfrom home and car.
- 10. One tree filters up to 27 kg of pollutants from air.
- 11. The age of a tree can be calculated by its ringsrings.
- 12. Trees absorb 90% of the nutrition from atmosphere and 10% from soil.
- 13. An average sized tree can provide woodfor 1, 70,000 pencils1 70 000 pencils.
- 14. 14 billion pencils are made by cutting 82 000 trees82,000 every year
- 15. A single edition of Daily News paper uses woodfrom 500 trees to make the paper. p p
- 16. 850milliontreesarecutdownformaking50milliontonsofpaper
- 17. 25, 00 000 25 00,000 trees are used for publishing books books.
- 18. Every ton of recycled paper saves 380 gallons of oil
- 19. We save 17 trees when we recycle every ton of paper. yyp p
- 20. Each vegetarian saves one acre of trees. Follow vegetarian diet.
- 21. Every book we read was once a tree..
- 22. Plant a tree for every book you read read.
- 23. Nurture Trees to Nourish Birds, animals and insects. NN hB dld
- 24. Nurture Trees to Nourish Water and Air.
- 25. Nurture Trees to Nourish EarthEarth.KAUSALYA JANARDANANY
View more >