what we got done in the last year in piwik
out of 47
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSummary of bigger changes out of 553 tickets that were fixed in the last 12 months. Discover a quick overview of the new projects that the Piwik team and community released.
- 1. What we got done in Piwik in the last year
- 2. 553 tickets June 2013 July 2014
- 3. Piwik Mission Statement "To create, as a community, the leading international open source web analytics platform, that gives every user full control of their data."
- 4. New Piwik logo
- 5. Piwik Mobile 2
- 6. Piwik.org new website!
- 7. Move from Trac to Github issues
- 8. Also announced in Piwik blog Mobile Analytics SDK: beta release of Piwik iOS SDK Independent Center for Data Privacy Protection in France (CNIL) recommends Piwik for compliance with data protection laws Official Debian Package for Piwik now available
- 9. Help us Reset The Net today on June 5th
- 10. What we got done in last year Piwik 2.0 release in December 2013 Upgraded to modern technologies PHP 5.3+, AngularJS, Twig, Composer, LESS, etc. Semantic Versioning for core and plugins
- 11. Some of the tools we use
- 12. Launched open Marketplace
- 13. Easy plugins settings
- 14. Easy plugins notifications
- 15. Introduced ./console commands
- 16. Generate code for plugins
- 17. Kickstart a Developer Platform Created Developer Guides developer.piwik.org including auto generated guides... Events Listing PHP API: classes, methods
- 18. developer.piwik.org
- 19. Generate code for plugins
- 20. Performance improvements Archive memory improvements Use innodb instead of Myisam Log Analytics: Tracking API uses transactions Many other improvements
- 21. Security improvements 12 bounties sent to security researchers ~ 3,000 USD 3 critical releases
- 22. Better QA processes Run piwik.js in Travis Run tests on MYSQLI Kept improving code coverage
- 23. Better QA processes New Screenshot tests for Continuous User Interface Testing After each commit, 200 screenshots are taken and compared!
- 24. Send Super Users an email when a new Piwik version is available Always enabled for core, optional for plugins
- 25. Multiple Super Users
- 26. Improvements to design and UX New beautiful theme: Morpheus Simplification of design to let you focus Your UI preferences are now stored and restored on next use.
- 27. Zen Mode
- 28. Show % values in reports
- 29. New top menu
- 30. New Help page
- 31. Search for segments
- 32. Privacy for geolocation
- 33. Visitor Profile
- 34. What we got done in last year Custom Alerts
- 35. Alert me by email when the site becomes slow
- 36. Treemap Visualisation
- 37. Device Detector library
- 38. Event Tracking trackEvent(category, action, [name], [value])
- 39. Insights
- 40. Movers and Shakers widget
- 41. Who am I? Matthieu Aubry Frenchman living in New Zealand Founded Piwik, Lead dev Co-founded Piwik PRO Software Engineer Favorite things in life: Privacy, Freedom, www, Peace, Love and Nature.
View more >