What to Do after an Auto Accident
Post on 13-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
What to do after an auto accident
What to do after an auto accidentA presentation by The Weinstein Firm, LLC.
About Auto AccidentsAuto accidentsare often unexpected and stressful. Even though you consider yourself a very careful driver, you may still be involved in an accident at some point in time. There are certain steps you must follow in order to successfully file an insurance or personal injury claim without any issues.The following is what you should do immediately after a car accident in Atlanta.
1. Remain calmCheck for any substantial injuries that require emergency medical assistance. In order to make rational decisions, you must remain composed in order to follow the next steps correctly and effectively. If there are any passengers in your car, make sure they are safe as well.
2. Move your car to safetyMake sure your vehicle is safe enough to drivePull over to the sidewalk or side of the road This prevents any further damage or be an obstruction to traffic
3. Contact police and your insurance companyWhether its a major or minor accident, you must notify law enforcement in order to get a police report. You are contractually obligated to report accidents to your insurance company.
4. Take picturesFortunately, our cellphones are equipped with built-in cameras. Document each vehicle, along with the visible damage. If you have suffered any injuries, photograph them as well.
5. Exchange information with the other driverMake sure to include:Names Insurance informationMakes and models of all vehicles involvedLicense plate numbersContact information of any witnessesA police officer can also collect this information for you, but its best to do this yourself.
5. Maintain a file of the accidentAll accident-related documents and information should be kept in a folder for later use.These can be used as evidence later if you follow suit.
6. CalL an Auto accident lawyerYour lawyer can help ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries and damages.If you have been involved in an accident in Atlanta,contact The Weinstein Firm, LLCand request a free consultationtoday.
Contact The Weinstein Firm, LLC.Atlanta Personal Injury AttorneyPhone Number:(404) 566-7009Address:5299 Roswell Rd, Ste 216Atlanta, GA 30342