Post on 30-Oct-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation was prepared for the E-Learning Colorado Consortium Professional Development Day in Denver, CO, on October 30, 2009. The event title was the Web2.0 Buffet
- 1. Presentation forThe Web2.0 Buffet Professional Development Day E-Learning Consortium of Colorado Presenter: Alice Bedard-Voorhees, Ph.D.(Twitter: constantlearn) Colorado Mountain College October 30, 2009 This photo is licensed under Creative Commons by Web 2.0 Buffet Colorado E-Learning Consortium Oct. 30, 2009 Presented by Alice Bedard-Voorhees, Ph.D.
2. 3. My Qualifications
- Miss Betty Crocker Award (BC was a
- composite personality.)
- Long Cultural Familiarity with Buffets
- (Once planned to writeThe Northwoods Jello Buffet)
- Great Appetite for Web 2.0
4. Buffet AssumptionsFood provides energySharing food can be a social event Food can be fun, pleasurableNew foods open us to new experiences Choices can be boggling 5. Technological Literacy Buffet: Life-Long Food
- Will enable learning and use of new tools
- Develop ability to locate and evaluate resources
- Increase abilities to communicate, collaborate,
- and create
- Include ethical considerations
Based on these sources:http:// delicious.com/coloradomtn/tech_literacy 6. Student Appetites
- What apps are you using, like to use?
- Would they help your learning in this class?
- Share with me what you would use to demonstrate your learning for X.how would that be measured?
7. Blooms Digital Taxonomy
- Includes these verbs: blogging, twittering, and social-bookmarking
8. Your Appetites: #web2.0poll
- Share with us what you use and what you use it for with this hashtag in your tweet.
9. Blip.fm: Online DJs http://blip.fm/baroquecomposers 10. Static Screen Capture Using JING 11. Twitter and Twitpic
- Needed: Twitter Account
- Twitter Account allows for posting to Twitpic
- Students either start following a class account or use a #hashtag
- Tweets can be shared from Slife also
- with clients likeSLTweets.com
12. Photos: Twitpic
- http:// twitpic.com/photos/constantlearn
- (Twitter account provides access.)
- Opportunity to teach digital rights observance.
13. FLICKR + Phone
- Faculty Creates Flickr Class Account
- Gives Class User Name and Password
- Students Upload to Flickr Account
- Photos can be Annotated
- Flickr Allows Short Video Uploads Too
- RSS can feed account into LMS
- Opportunity to Teach Digital Rights + Creative Commons Search
14. Slideshare Upload PPT, Can Add Voice
15. Voicethread https://voicethread.com/#q.b3352.i28616 16. Serious Games http://delicious.com/coloradomtn/serious_games
- Food Force: UN, Download, World Hunger, Refugees
- Darfur is Dying: Surviving a Travesty
- Sushi Go Round: Lighter-Spirited, Running a Sushi Restaurant
17. Glogster: Multimedia Posters
http://coloradomtn.edu.glogster.com/Web20-Buffet/ 18. Tweet, Tweet, Tweet
- SL Tweets: From Second Life about great places to visit (provide location coordinates)
- Class Accounts: As a way of sharing Reading Notes
- Faculty Assistance: As a way to be available for last minute project questions (defined time-frame)
19. Twitter Smarties
- Justin Smith / Wikimedia Commons,
- Who are you following?To whom would you like to
- introduce learners?