the assyrian empire.ppt clickers
out of 14
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The Assyrian Empire
- 2. Which of the following was NOT one of the reasons Assyria conquered a large empire?
- Highly advanced Military Organization
- Large Army
- State-of-the-art weaponry
- 3. Why did the Assyrians develop warlike behavior?
- It was easier to conquer territories that way
- It was a patriarchial society.
- It was a response to constant invasion from outside peoples.
- It was a response to Wal-mart.
- 4. What did Assyrian soldiers cover themselves in?
- Light robes
- Stiff Leather and metal
- Bamboo reeds.
- 5. How did the Assyrians span rivers?
- Bridge of floating bodies
- Pontoon bridges
- Wooden Bridges
- Dam the rivers to stop the water
- Rope bridges
- 6. Everyone was wearing stilettos, I
- Guess I got that boom boom pow
- Saw them in the Nettos
- Guess I never got the memo..
- And the JZ song was on.
- 7. How did the Assyrians weaken enemys walls?
- Battering Rams
- Digging Tunnels
- 8. How did the Assyrians prevent conquered peoples from rebelling again?
- Killing them
- Enslaving them
- Sending them off to distant lands
- All of the above
- Send in Klauer Power
- 9. How did Assyrian kings control dependent lands?
- High tech weapons
- High taxes
- Enslaving the people
- Choosing the dependent lands rulers.
- 10. How many villages did Sennacherib destroy?
- 11. What did Assyrians do when they approached an enemys walls?
- Issue an edict of surrender
- Burn the walls
- Bring out the big guns
- Run away
- Use slings
- Use catapults
- Fire a volley of arrows
- 12. Why did the Assyrian Empire end?
- Invaded by the Greeks
- Combined army of Medes and Chaldeans
- The Romans assumed control
- Because Nowakowski said so, and thats the bottom line.
- 13. Who is most likely to fail this class?
- 14. Participant Scores Timothy Stone 1100 Amy Nelson 1100 Adam Sweeney 1100 Clay Densmore 1200 Syan Killian 1200
View more >