team performance leadership training
out of 44
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The crazy dancing guy
- 2. Brett Intro video
- 3. Topics What is leadership?How to lead change. Team culture.The Art of Influence?
- 4. To go somewhere, weneed to know where we are. What do others say about our team?
- 5. Emotional Awareness is the prime attribute of a great leader.The ability to choose the right people for the task is a consequenceof EA. The ability to influence all stakeholders is a result of EA.In 2005, Harvards world-renowned Kennedy School of Government(KSG), in conjunction with U.S. News & World Report, conducted astudy.KSGs study isolated several qualities, including authenticity, vision,passion, and leadership from-the-heart, as being the essence ofextraordinary leadership, all qualities of emotion and spirit notamenable to an ordinary university curriculum. These qualities,collectively called Emotional Awareness, were first addressed by Harvardin 2006.
- 6. What do you do well as ateam?What dont you do well as ateam?Why do you want to become agreat team?
- 7. Crazy guy
- 8. The quality of theorganisation is determinedby the quality of itsleaders.
- 9. Leadership 1- Leadership is action not position 2- A leader is the person who showsothers the way. To be a leader you must have a clear vision of where you are going, and be passionate about the destination. 3 Be the change you want to see.
- 10. 4- A true leader doesnt tell people what they should orshouldnt do, they show people the true extent of their possibilities. Empower people by believing in them. 5- The leader thinks in we, not I ( create a movement) 6- When faced with adversity it is the leaders responsibility to stand strong and stay true to their character. 7- The ultimate leader is one who is willing to develop people to the point that they surpass him or her inknowledge and ability. Create the next stage of leaders to carry on the movement.
- 11. Integrity Integrity is the integration of outward actions and inner values. A person of integrity is the same on the outside and on the inside. Such an individual can be trusted because he or she never veers from inner values, evenwhen it might be expeditious to do so. A leader must havethe trust of followers and therefore must display integrity. Honest dealings, predictable reactions, well-controlled emotions, and an absence of tantrums and harshoutbursts are all signs of integrity. A leader who is centered in integrity will be more approachable by followers.
- 12. DedicationDedication means spending whatever timeor energy is necessary to accomplish thetask at hand. A leader inspires dedication byexample, doing whatever it takes tocomplete the next step toward the vision. Bysetting an excellent example, leaders canshow followers that there are no nine-to-fivejobs on the team, only opportunities toachieve something great.
- 13. HumilityLeaders with humility recognize that they areno better or worse than other members ofthe team. A humble leader is not self-effacing but rather tries to elevate everyone.Leaders with humility also understand thattheir status does not make them a god.Mahatma Gandhi is a role model for Indianleaders, and he pursued a follower-centricleadership role.
- 14. OpennessOpenness means being able to listen to new ideas,even if they do not conform to the usual way ofthinking. Good leaders are able to suspendjudgment while listening to others ideas, as wellas accept new ways of doing things that someoneelse thought of. Openness builds mutual respectand trust between leaders and followers, and italso keeps the team well supplied with new ideasthat can further its vision.
- 15. CreativityCreativity is the ability to think differently,to get outside of the box that constrainssolutions. Creativity gives leaders theability to see things that others have notseen and thus lead followers in newdirections. The most important questionthat a leader can ask is, What if ?Possibly the worst thing a leader can sayis, I know this is a dumb question ...
- 16. FairnessFairness means dealing with others consistentlyand justly. A leader must check all the facts andhear everyone out before passing judgment. Heor she must avoid leaping to conclusions basedon incomplete evidence. When people feel theythat are being treated fairly, they reward aleader with loyalty and dedication.
- 17. Assertiveness Assertiveness is not the same as aggressiveness or demeaning others. Rather, it is the ability to clearly state what one expects so that there will beno misunderstandings. A leader must be assertive to get the desired results.Along with assertiveness comes the responsibility to clearly understand what followers expect from their leader. Many leaders have difficulty striking the right amount of assertiveness,according to a study in the February 2007 issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, published by the APA (American PsychologicalAssociation). It seems that being underassertive or overassertive may be the most common weakness among aspiring leaders.A sense of humor is vital to relieve tension and boredom, as well as to defuse hostility. Effective leaders know how to use humor to energize followers. Humor is a form of power that provides some control over the work environment. And simply put, humor fosters good camaraderie.
- 18. WHAT PATTERNS restrict you at home and work?WHAT PATTERNS enhance you at home and work?WHICH PATTERN as a Leader do you want to change?
- 19. Sensational teams
- 20. Group DynamicsWho fits where and what did I have to do to gain Love and Attention?
- 21. The team always has a culture.If it a build up or tear down culture?
- 22. A game, is a verbal or non verbaltransaction that we enter into withanother person, to get what we think wewant, even if it sabotages what we reallyneed.
- 23. EnrollingDont participateBe a problemMr. Nice guy( go along to get along)Judge everyone and everythingChange the gameSpread lies and GossipGet them before they get youConfused
- 24. A build up culture promotes rapport. The five criteria for a build up culture.1. Respect is rewarded.2. Opinions are valued.3. Disputes are resolved.4. The culture is people focused.5. Growth is a focus. Rapport is the result.
View more >