Successful Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day
Post on 05-Dec-2014
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation will give you tips for creating enaging social media channels in 30 minutes a day.
- 1. Amanda AustinSocial Media Manager, UF&Shands Communications
- 2. Identify your audience Define your goals Create a content strategyYou define your own social media success.
- 3. Posting too often Using a 3rd party app Using hashtags or @ symbols Being too promotional Low engagement with users
- 4. Make social media monitoring and management part ofyour workflow. Block off times to focus. Use scheduling strategically through platform-nativescheduling features (for Facebook) and a third partyapplication (for Twitter). Make use of Twitter lists and Facebook page favorites.
- 5. Follow other Twitter accounts Follow other fan pages Set up searches for your brand, business or org Set up Twitter lists (local brands, news, nationalbrands, local individuals) Make an editorial calendar
- 6. Total time: 10 minutes Check notifications and respond to any comments from the nightbefore. Use the @ symbol in your responses so your fan will see theresponse. (Facebook) Use the like button for responses. (Facebook) Check Twitter @ replies and respond. (Twitter) Review your Facebook news feed for interesting information. Like orcomment on five to 10 statuses. Share one.
- 7. Review your Twitter lists and start conversations withother accounts similar to yours and individualsinterested in your content. Follow back on Twitter and find three to five new pagesto like on Facebook. Browse lists for information you can share later; add itto your editorial calendar. Schedule posts for the next day.Total time: 15 minutes
- 8. Check notifications and respond to any comments from the night before. Use the @ symbol in your responses so your fan will see the response.(Facebook) Use the like button for responses. (Facebook) Check Twitter @ replies and respond. (Twitter) Review your Facebook news feed for interesting information. Like orcomment on five to 10 statuses.Total time: 5 minutes
- 9. Email: Austae@shands.ufl.eduTwitter: @AmandaAustin
- 10. Demographic and Analytic Tools Sprout Social (SproutSocial.com) Minilytics (minilytics.com) LikeAlyzer (likealyzer.com) Twitter list tutorial Facebook news feed for pages tutorial Hootsuite: How to set up streams Determining the value of social media marketing
View more >