Stained Glass. Artists have created stained glass windows for 100’s of years. Traditionally stained glass is colored glass that is crafted into stained
out of 10
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Stained Glass
- Slide 2
- Artists have created stained glass windows for 100s of years. Traditionally stained glass is colored glass that is crafted into stained glass windows in which small pieces of glass are arranged to form patterns or pictures, held together (traditionally) by strips of lead and supported by a rigid frame.
- Slide 3
- Artists are still creating with stained glass today.
- Slide 4
- Here are some traditional stained glass windows: From the 12 th century. From the 13 th century
- Slide 5
- Both of these windows are from cathedral built in the 1500s. Since mass was in Latin the average person could not understand what was said. They could, however, understand the stories through the images in the stained glass windows of the cathedral.
- Slide 6
- In the early 1900s Louis Tiffany revived an interest in stained glass by creating stained glass items for places other than just cathedrals.
- Slide 7
- Here are some modern stained glass art works:
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- We will be creating an imitation stained glass project by using liquid leading and glass paint. First, come up with a line drawing for your design the size of your glass. Make sure each shape is closed! And, then decide what colors you want where. Remember you can,and probably should,mix colors.
- Slide 10
- Next, tape design to the back of your glass and outline with the liquid leading. After it is dry you can trim off mistakes with an Exacto knife. Then add the colors, make sure you fill compartment completely.
View more >
Beginning Stained Glass 4 WEEK Beginning Stained Glass Class The Vinery Stained Glass Studio 4317 W.…
Stained Glass for Conservatories and Greenhouses ?· Stained Glass for Conservatories and Greenhouses…