Post on 12-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Salvation Paul L. Davis
- State the purpose of the discussion
- Identify yourself
3. You must understand the holiness of God 4. Lev. 11:44-46
- 4For Iamthe Lord your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, andyou shall be holy ; for Iamholy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth.45For Iamthe Lord who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God.You shall therefore be holy,for Iamholy.
5. Exodus 20:5
- For I, the Lord your God,ama jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourthgenerationsof those who hate Me,
6. Psalm 1:5
- Therefore the ungodlyshall not stand in the judgment ,
- Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
7. You must understand the sinfulness of sin 8. Mark 2:17
- 17When Jesus heardit,He said to them,Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.I did not come to calltherighteous, but sinners, to repentance.
9. Isaiah 57:20-21
- But the wickedarelike the troubled sea,
- When it cannot rest, Whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There isno peace ,
- Says my God, for the wicked.
10. Romans 3:10-18
- 10As it is written:
- There is none righteous , no, not one; There is none who understands ;There is none who seeks after God .
- They have all turned aside ; They have together become unprofitable;There is none who does good , no, not one.
- Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit;The poison of asps is under their lips;
- Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; Destruction and misery are in their ways; And the way of peace they have not known.
- There is no fear of God before their eyes.
11. James 1:15, Romans 6:23
- 1:15 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; andsin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
- 6:23 For thewages of sinisdeath , but the gift of Godiseternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12. Isaiah 64:6-7
- Butwe are all like an uncleanthing ,
- And all our righteousnessesarelike filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. Andthere isno one who calls on Your name,Who stirs himself up to take hold of You;
- ForYou have hidden Your face from us, And have consumed us because of our iniquities.
13. You must understand who Christ is and What He has done. 14. John 1:1-3; 14
- In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God, andthe Word was God .2He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
- 14And theWord became fleshand dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. Phil 2:9-11; Rev 17:14
- Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, andthatevery tongue should confess thatJesus ChristisLord , to the glory of God the Father.
- forHe is Lord of lords and King of kings ; and thosewho arewith Himarecalled, chosen, and faithful.
16. Phil 2:6-7
- Who,(Jesus) being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, butmade Himself of no reputation , taking the form of a bondservant,and coming in the likeness of men.
17. I Peter 2:22-23,Heb 4:15
- Who (Jesus)committed no sin ,Nor was deceit found in His mouth; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committedHimselfto Him who judges righteously;
- 15For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in allpointstempted aswe are, yetwithout sin .
18. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- For He made Him who knew no sinto besin for us , that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
19. Eph 1:7-8; Rev. 1:5
- In Him we haveredemption through His blood , the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace8which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
- who loved us andwashed us from our sins in His own blood .
20. I Cor 15:3-4
- that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried,and that He rose again the third dayaccording to the Scriptures,
21. You must understand what God demands of you. 22. Ezek. 18:30;32; Acts 17:10
- Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin . Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit.
- For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies, says the Lord God. Therefore turn and live !
- 10 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked,but now commands all men everywhere to repent ,
23. I Thess 1:9-10
- For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how youturned to God from idols to serve the living and true God , and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead,even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come .
24. Luke 9:23;
- Then He said tothemall, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, andfollow Me .
25. Acts 16:31;Rom 10:9-10
- So they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ , and you will be saved,
- that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesusand believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead , you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
26. You must count the cost 27. Luke 14:26-33
- If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, hecannot be My disciple . And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Mecannot be My disciple . For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he hasenoughto finishit lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who seeitbegin to mock him, saying, This man began to build and was not able to finish. whoever of you does not forsake all that he hascannot be My disciple .
28. Matthew 10:37-39
- He who loves father or mother more than Meis not worthy of Me . And he who loves son or daughter more than Meis not worthy of Me .38And he who does not take his cross and follow after Meis not worthy of Me .39He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
29. You must understand that it is worth it. 30. Mark 8:35-37
- For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospels will save it.For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
31. 2 Corinthians 5:20
- we imploreyouon Christs behalf, be reconciled to God ! For He made Him who knew no sinto besin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
32. Isaiah 55:7
- Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, andHe will have mercy on him ; and to our God,
- For He will abundantly pardon !