oculus rift the next generation of vr
out of 14
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Oculus rift The Oculus Rift is a new virtual reality headset that lets players step inside their favorite games and virtual worlds.
- Low Latency 360 Head Tracking The Rift uses custom tracking technology to provide ultra-low latency 360 head tracking, allowing you to seamlessly look around the virtual world just as you would in real life. Every subtle movement of your head is tracked in real time creating a natural and intuitive experience.
- Stereoscopic 3D View The Oculus Rift creates a stereoscopic 3D view with excellent depth, scale, and parallax. Unlike 3D on a television or in a movie, this is achieved by presenting unique and parallel images for each eye. This is the same way your eyes perceive images in the real world, creating a much more natural and comfortable experience.
- The Oculus Rift delivers a high-end virtual reality experience at an affordable price. The Rift is also designed to be as comfortable and lightweight as possible for long play sessions. The current Oculus Rift development kit is 369g, similar to a heavy pair of ski goggles
- Ultra Wide Field of View The Oculus Rift provides an approximately 110 field of view, stretching the virtual world beyond your peripheral vision. Your view of the game is no longer boxed in on a screen and is only limited by what your eyes can see. The combination of the wide field of view with head-tracking and stereoscopic 3D creates an immersive virtual reality experience.
- Engine Integrations The Oculus Software Development Kit (SDK) includes out-of-the-box engine integrations for the Unreal Development Kit, Unreal Engine 4, and Unity 4 that make getting started with VR game development easier and faster than ever.
- Immersive virtual reality technology that's wearable and affordable.
- Oculus VR was founded by Palmer Luckey, selfdescribed virtual reality enthusiast and hardware geek. The company launched a Kick starter campaign to help fund development of their first product, the Oculus Rift, a ground-breaking virtual reality headset for immersive gaming. With the support of top video game companies including Valve, Epic Games and Unity, the Kick starter was an enormous success, raising over $2.4 million in funding from project backers and supporters around the world. The team is currently developing the Oculus Rift in an effort to revolutionize the way people experience interactive content.
- Oculus VR, Inc. is based in Irvine, California. 19800 MacArthur Blvd. Suite 200 Irvine, CA 92612
View more >