Nelig 2015 Questioning the Status Quo
out of 28
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. You Guys Still Here? by Mike Norkum CC BY-ND 2.0
- 2. Keene State College 8 full time library faculty (7 teaching) 250-330 session per year until spring semester 2014
- 3. Dependent upon successful collaboration Collaboration by Chris Lott CC BY 2.0
- 4. The Matchmaker Or Librarian? Millionaire Matchmaker by Fred Rockwood CC BY-SA 2.0
- 5. "Vanna White Stands Beside Puzzle." US Federal Government. Public Domain. Have you ever been a Vanna ???
- 6. Ability to assess students readiness for the session & engage in best practices in teaching and learning
- 7. The problem"We continue to do one-shot generic and subject- specific sessions, as well as offering point-of-need guidance at the reference desk, recognizing that such training does not even begin to make a student literate within the world of information. Badke, William B. Cant get no respect: helping faculty to understand the educational power of information literacy. The Reference Librarian 43.89-90 (2005): 63-80.
- 8. Literacy can not be described, therefore in broad terms, literacy is in constant flux and embedded in cultural situations, each situation nuanced and different from the others.Elmborg, 2006
- 9. Sustainability Felling Snags on Fire Line Gerald W. Williams Collection. Public Domain.
- 10. https://www.polleverywh ere.com/free_text_polls/p RgnxoYlwmlNHkO
- 11. Questioning the status quo
- 12. Integrative Learning Promoted by the intentional design of programs to facilitate students making connections between knowledge from multiple disparate experiences, concepts, or subjects and adapting skills learned in one situation to problems encountered in another See report: Integrative Learning: Mapping the Terrain & the Carnegie Integrative Learning Project http://gallery.carnegiefoundation.org/ilp/
- 13. High Impact Practices First year seminars and experiences Common Intellectual Experiences Living & Learning Communities Writing Intensive Courses Undergraduate Research experiences Service / Community based learning Internships Capstone Courses http://www.aacu.org/leap/hips
- 14. COMPLEX INFORMATION ECOSYSTEM ENGAGEMENT METALITERACY Collaborative student work INTERGRATIVE conversation CREATORS & PARTICIPANTS Multi-media Teams Undergraduate research Digital projects Interactive engaging Learning communities Cross disciplinary ACCESSING & PRODUCING Critical thinking Blended learning metacognition HOLISTIC INTERSECTIONS CRITICAL DISPOSITIONS Deeper learning High impact
- 15. The Framework redefines the boundaries of what librarians teach and how we conceptualize the study of information within the curriculum of higher education institutions.
- 16. The Track Not Taken Gagan Moorthy CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
- 17. Information Studies minor Engages students in the study of the information ecosystem as content Develop critical thinking and information literacy
- 18. 5 courses Value Added minor, adaptable to any major Information Studies minor Information Environment* History of the Book Participatory Culture Information Policy* Special Topics
- 19. The Proposal Took advantage of the Frameworks call to engage in high impact practices & description of the dynamic information ecosystem Used national and regional data on skills most cited by employers
- 20. The Track Not Taken Gagan Moorthy CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
- 21. Research &Technology Fellows
- 22. It's given me experience with being on my toes and learning to help students with just the little information they give me and manage to create a whole drafts of papers. It's also open many doors for me in my department and is something I'm proud to put on my resume.
- 23. Revising IL outcomes for General Education Students will engage in an iterative and recursive inquiry process and explore diverse perspectives. Students will recognize how information is produced, accessed, and valued. Students will participate ethically in the information environment and advance from consumers to producers.
- 24. Elizabeth Dolinger email@example.com @ grateflibrarian QUESTIONS ? My fellow Keene State teaching Librarians Rock Stars: Jen Ditkoff Irene McGarrity Amanda Scull Rodney Obien https://elizabethdolinger.wordpress.com/
- 25. Information Studies minor Program Objectives: Students will think critically and creatively about how information is produced, organized, shared, and preserved in a variety of formats, both traditional and social, and recognize the significance of the format to communicating and accessing information; the production of knowledge and the information publication cycle are addressed. Students will explore the social and legal implications of information policy issues, intellectual property, transfer of knowledge, and copyright through a historical and contemporary lens. Students will evaluate the impact that information and information technology has on their person and society both locally and globally; issues of accessibility, digital divide, privacy, censorship, governance of WordWide Web are explored. Students will learn to navigate and participate in the information environment and utilize information technology in the creation of new products.
View more >
Status Quo des AKaNets - che.de Status Quo des AKaNets Zwischenbilanz des Gewinnerkonzepts 2011 Akademisches
Status Quo und Weiterentwickungschancen von MMK Status Quo und Weiterentwicklungschancen von MMK â€“
Wege zum nachhaltigen Unternehmenserfolg - fmc ?· Status Quo Status Quo zum Thema Strategie - Arbeit…
Defining the Status Quo. Definition of Status Quo The “Status Quo” describes existing or anticipated conditions of a water resources system if policies,
RES - Status Quo, Potential and ?· RES - Status Quo, Potential and Prospects ... Technological prospects…
Sport und Schwangerschaft: Status quo der Forschung ?· Sport und Schwangerschaft: Status quo der Forschung…