major fashion centers
out of 40
Post on 19-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. MAJOR FASHION CENTERSStudents Handouts, by Sunil Talekar- Faculty SOFT Pune
- 2. MAJOR FASHION CENTERS Though Most major countries have their own fashion industry, including;ITALY JAPAN UNITED KINGDOMUNITED STATES OF AMERICA FRANCE
- 3. MAJOR FASHION CITIES Top 10 Fashion Cities Named in Global Survey;NEW YORKTOKYOROMELOS ANGELESPARISHONG KONGLONDONLAS VEGASMILANSINGAPORE
- 4. MAJOR FASHION CENTERS Five nations have established truly international reputations in fashion design. These countries are;AUSTRALIA BELGIUM GERMANY SPAIN PORTUGAL INDIA
- 5. USA (AMERICA)
- 6. USA; New York MAJOR FASHION CENTERS
- 7. MAJOR FASHION CENTERS For over a century, New York has reigned as America's fashion capital.Today, its creative legacy, successful fashion empires, and important press and retail sectors ensure that the city's influence has become global. The majority of American fashion houses are based in New York, although there are also a significant number New York, Los Angeles and Miami, and Chicago was once a center of American fashion. American fashion design is dominated by a clean--cut, casual style, reflecting the sporty, health-conscious lifestyles of many American dwellers.
- 8. USA (AMERICA) American fashion designer is dominated by a clean-cut casual style reflects the sporty, health conscious lifestyle of many Americans. The fashion industry in New York is based around seventh Avenue. US is the home to some of the worlds most fashionable people-from celebrities to the average Joe. The US is a stylist place to live with a wonderful combination of different cultural influences which turn it into a real melting pot of fashion
- 9. TOP DESIGNERS OF USA Among the major fashion designers some of the well known designers in USA are;MICHAEL KORES ANNA SUI CALVIN KLEIN DONNA KARAN RALPH LAUREN
- 10. USA (AMERICA)Not from the US? Click here
- 11. USA (AMERICA) ANNA SUI
- 12. USA (AMERICA) Ralph Lauren(known for casually elegant clothes in natural fabrics)
- 13. USA (AMERICA) CALVIN KLEIN
- 14. USA (AMERICA) DONNA KARAN
- 15. USA (AMERICA) RALPH LAUREN
- 16. PARIS
- 17. PARIS Paris is the largest fashion center in the world and has been the measuring stick for fashion since the 16th century. It is also where the momentous Paris Fashion week takes place.
- 18. FRANCE FRANCEFrance has a large fabric industry that works in harmony with the couture houses; this provides the perfect environment for a fashion capital.In the 40s and well into the 50s and 60s a group of French designers led the fashion industry. Beginning with Dior, Balmain and Givenchy then Pierre Cardin, etc
- 19. FRANCE FRANCEChristian Dior
- 20. FRANCE FRANCEBalmain
- 21. FRANCE FRANCEIn the early 60s Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent were the top designers of the French classic styles, inherited Christian Dior's fashion house in 1957 The more experimental styles of designers like Andre Courreges became popular. The 60s killed there all couture style and replaced it with young and daring street style clothing
- 22. TOP DESIGNERS OF FRANCE Among the major fashion designers some of the well known designers in France are;CHANEL CHRISTIAN DIOR LOUIS VUITTON CHOLE LANVIN
- 23. Today, many of the major French fashion houses TOP DESIGNERS OFhybrids FRANCE have become international design
- 24. FRANCEThe French have bred and educated many generations of designers, skilled workers, artists and critics which coupled with France fabric industry, large home market, export trade and long tradition of couture makes it the fashion capital of the world
- 25. ITALY- MILAN
- 26. ITALY- MILAN Milano--The fashion capital of the world. Milan is the financial and industrial center of the country, and the home to the most famous names in the world of fashionMilan is the business, fashion and design capital of Italy, with numerous fashion and trade fairs in the Rho` district of the city It is also Italy's second largest and richest city.Every designer imaginable has a shop or two in these streets: Armani, Iceberg, Luois Vitton, Dior, Bottega Veneta, to name just a small handful.
- 27. ITALY- MILAN The majority of the older Italian couturiers are based in Rome. The majority of the older Italian However, Milan is seen as the fashion capital of Italy because many well-known designers are based there and it is the venue for the Italian designer collections.The majority of the older Italian couturiers are based in Rome. most exclusive names in Italian fashion design are Valentino known for his famous "Rosso Valentino," which means Red Valentino Gianfranco Ferr known for his boldly-cutDolce & Gabbana known for their classic-to-modern, edgy appeal. Gianni Versace known for his beautifully-cut leatherwear brightly-colored clothes Giorgio Armani known for subtle, masculine style for both men and women
- 28. ITALY- MILAN Milan holds fashion trade fair sat numerous times of the year, these streets can be seen full of people from the fashion industry(designers, manufacturers, buyers etc) both day and night.
- 29. UNITED KINGDOM
- 30. UNITED KINGDOM The first fashion designer, Charles Worth, was a native of Britain, although he made his name in native of Britain, although he made his name in Paris. The majority of British fashion houses are based in London.In the 1920s, Norman Hartnell became known for elaborate evening gowns, and went on to, and went on to design Queen Elizabeth II's wedding and design 's wedding and coronation gowns, and other gowns for coronation gowns, and other gowns for members of the British royal family.
- 31. UNITED KINGDOM
- 32. UNITED KINGDOM United kingdom London's Carna by Street was the original home of British fashion in the 1960s and it's alive again with concept stores for vintage, street and sports brands like Puma, Ben Sherman, Fred Perry and Lambretta. British designers, Stella McCartney, John Galliano and Alexander McQueen creating collections for Chole, Christian Dior and Givenchy Big fashion houses such as Chanel, Givenchy and Chloe snap up the hottest new talent .
- 33. GIVENCHYUNITED KINGDOM Charles Worth
- 34. UNITED KINGDOM There are loads of 2nd hand clothes stores around Covent Garden and Portobello market for cool rejects. Away from the capital, city centers like Manchester and Leeds are home to individual boutiques original, up-to-the-minute designs.London Fashion week held in February and September is the main UK fashion event attracting the glare of the world's style gurus
- 35. JAPAN
- 36. MAJOR FASHION CENTERS Omote sand is an avenue, subway station and neighbour hood in Tokyo is known as an upscale shopping area featuring several international brand outlets, ranging from Louis Vuitton and Gucci to the more affordable The body shop, Zara, and others. One of Tokyo's busiest railway stations. Shibuya is known as one of the fashion centers of Japan, particularly for young people, and as a major night life area
- 37. JAPAN
- 38. JAPAN Japan; Tokyo The majority of Japanese fashion houses are based in Tokyo. Colors are often somber and subtle and the fabrics used are richly textured. Famous names in Japanese fashion include
- 39. JAPAN Kenzo (known for layered looks and highly original knitwear), Issey miyke (known for master drapery and cutting), and Rei Kawakubo who developed a completely new way of cutting (this can be compared with the innovation of Madeleine Vionnet in the 1930s)
- 40. THANK YOU
View more >