genres. a. fiction b. nonfiction c. poetry 1. a fairy tale is d. drama there are four main types of...
out of 12
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- A. fiction B. nonfiction C. poetry 1. A fairy tale is D. drama There are four main types of writing, called genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama. A. fiction B. nonfiction C. poetry 2. The plot of a movie is D. drama
- Slide 3
- Genres A. fiction B. nonfiction C. poetry 3. A nursery rhyme is D. drama There are four main types of writing, called genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama. A. fiction B. nonfiction C. poetry 4. A biography is D. drama
- Slide 4
- Genres Fiction is a story about something that did not happen in real life. The characters and events in fiction are made up from the authors imagination. The purpose of fiction is to entertain the reader. Examples include: novels, mysteries, fairy tales, fables, myths, science fiction A texts genre tells about the authors purpose for writing.
- Slide 5
- Genres A texts genre tells about the authors purpose for writing. Nonfiction is text about something that did happen or is happening in real life. Nonfiction contains factsinformation about real people and events. The purpose of nonfiction is usually to inform or persuade the reader. Examples include: newspaper and magazine articles, biographies, science and social studies textbooks, journals and diaries, manuals
- Slide 6
- Genres A texts genre tells about the authors purpose for writing. Poetry is text written in lines and stanzas instead of sentences and paragraphs. Many poems have rhythm and rhyme, but not all of them rhyme. Poems can be very short or very long. Poetry can be about any topic and can be sad, funny, historic, or even informative. The purpose of poetry is often to express thoughts and feelings.
- Slide 7
- Genres A texts genre tells about the authors purpose for writing. Drama is text written to be performed, such as in a play, a movie, or on TV. The purpose of drama is to entertain, move, and/or inform an audience.
- Slide 8
- Guided Practice with Genres A. fiction. B. nonfiction. C. poetry. 1. This selection is an example of D. drama. We spent the whole day swimming in the creek. I hadnt been that tired since I dont know when. But our vacation here lasts only a week, So tomorrow well be swimming again.
- Slide 9
- Guided Practice with Genres A. fiction. B. nonfiction. C. poetry. 2. From reading the title, you can tell that this book is most likely D. drama. How to Grow the Largest Peaches in Texas
- Slide 10
- Guided Practice with Genres A. drama. B. magazine article. C. poem. 3. This reading selection is from a D. novel. The Picnic of No Return (The scene is the deck of a houseboat anchored in the middle of a lake. The midday sun beats down. HANSEN and RIA are sitting at a picnic table.) HANSEN: I dont see any signs of the others yet. RIA: I know. I thought they were supposed to be here at noon. HANSEN: I wonder if theyre having trouble with the boat. RIA: Its frustrating that our cell phones wont work out here.
- Slide 11
- Guided Practice with Genres A. drama. B. poetry. C. nonfiction. 4. This selection is an example of D. fiction. Rhoda loved the cartoon Calvin and Hobbes, especially when Hobbes would talk to Calvin but then act like a stuffed toy tiger when anyone else was around. One day when Rhoda was walking past an empty lot, a little black puppy ran up to her. She picked him up and took him home. She felt sure that her mother would agree to keep the puppy until they could find its owner. At home, Rhoda took the puppy into her bedroom. She was talking to him and playing with him when her mother poked her head in the door. Who are you talking to in there? she asked. Rhoda looked up. Then her mother said, And where did you get the stuffed toy puppy? To Rhodas amazement, the black puppy was gone, and a stuffed toy puppy was lying on her bed instead.
- Slide 12
- Copyright 2009 StudyIsland.com All rights reserved.
View more >
ELEMENTS OF FICTION AND NONFICTION. TYPES OF READING/WRITING ✕ Poetry ✕ Drama ✕ Prose Fiction Nonfiction
Types of Literature 1.Fiction Realistic Fiction Historical Fiction Science Fiction Mystery Fantasy 2.Nonfiction Biography Poetry Drama Folklore Fables
Reader/ English English English English English ... The Story of Little Michael Cadnum ... Piction Fiction Fiction Nonfiction Fiction
Genres in Literature Memoirs Science Fiction Realistic Fiction Traditional Literature Historical Fiction Biography Autobiography Informational Fantasy
Mini-Lesson: Fiction vs. Nonfiction - Julie - Fiction...Mini-Lesson: Fiction vs. Nonfiction Intention (Skill): Distinguishing Between Fiction and Nonfiction Teaching Point (Strategy): Readers use certain text features
WHAT IS A NONFICTION TEXT? WHAT IS A NONFICTION TEXT? Texts are commonly classified as fiction or nonfiction
Fiction - Deer Creek Public August 21, 2015 Literary Genres Literary Genres Major Categories Fiction