fMRI and qEEG studies
Post on 04-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Acute Intravenous Synaptamine Patient 1Before
2. Acute Intravenous Synaptamine Patient 1After 3. Acute Intravenous Synaptamine Patient 2Before 4. Acute Intravenous Synaptamine Patient 2After 5. qEEG STUDIES Subject 1.1: Baseline EEG(Fiq. 1) Baseline EEG analyses shows increased widespread theta(4-8hz) and increased frontal beta (12-25hz) compared to the norm. Widespread increased theta is associated withmetabolic disturbance/dysregulation and increased frontal beta is associated with mood disturbance, over-arousal, and anxiety. These features are often associated with anxious,obsessive behaviors, anger, and difficulty de-escalating when upset. 6. qEEG STUDIES Subject 1.1:Post Amino Acid EEG (Fig. 2) Post EEG analyses shows decreased frontal theta (4-8hz) and decreased frontal beta (12-15hz) indicating improved functioning immediately post amino acid intravenous treatment.When individual frequencies are reviewed changes are noted in more detail compared to the norm. 7. qEEG STUDIES BEFORE AFTER 8. qEEG STUDIES Subject 1.2: Baseline EEG (Fig. 3) Note increased widespread theta from 4-7 Hz and increased frontal/central beta at 15-16 Hz. 9. qEEG STUDIES Subject 1.2:Post Amino Acid EEG (Fig. 4) Post intravenous amino acid treatment decreased widespread theta at 4-7 Hz and at 15-16 Hz indicating improved functioning. Subject 2: 24 year old male with a history of opiate addiction. Subject was medication and drug free for 30 days prior to the study. Labeling: Subject 2.1 is pre treatment assessment. Subject 2.2 is post treatment of Subject 2. 10. qEEG STUDIES BEFORE AFTER 11. Oral Synaptamine a. P-Values Group 1vs. Group 2: Week 1 b.P-Values Group 1vs. Group 2: Week 2 12.
- In 600 patients, enhancement of cognitive processing, reduction of anxiety, increased concentration, reduction in anger, reduction in depression, increased energy, and reduction in fatigue were observed.(1)
- Claims ( Please provide actual data ):
- Acute IV therapy determined the mechanism of action of Synaptamine in an alcoholic and heroin abuser whereby existing abnormalities (i.e. widespread theta and widespread alpha activity respectively) during protracted abstinence are normalized. (2)
- 1 Blum et al.SG839-an amino acidenkephalinase inhibition nutraceutical improves recovery of alcoholics. A subtype of RDS . Trends in Applied Sciences Res. 2(2) 132-138, 2007.
- 2 Miller et al. Acute Intravenous Synaptamine Complex [KB220] Variant Normalizes Abnormal Neurological Activity in Protracted Abstinence of Alcohol and Opiate Patients Using Quantitative Electroencephalographic (QEEG) and Neurotransmitter Genetic Analysis: Pilot Two Case ReportsPostgraduate Medicine (in Press).
13. NEUROIMAGING STUDIES RestingState fMRIAfter One Dose Synaptamine (n=5) Placebo (n=5)