woolly apple aphid lifecycle
out of 8
Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONUC Davis Afghanistan Agriculture Pest Management Woolly Apple Aphid Lifecycle
- 1. Woolly Apple Aphid Lifecycle Nymph Winged Adult
- 2. Woolly apple aphids overwinter as adults on roots and aerial parts of apple trees
- 3. By early summer, large numbers of nymphs are produced. First-instar nymphs migrate up and down the tree.
- 4. Wingless adults have reddish to purple bodies and are completely covered with woolly white wax.
- 5. Root colonies cause swollen, nodular masses of gall tissue to form, stunting the tree.
- 6. Aerial colonies of woolly apple aphids can cause burrs on tree limbs
- 7. Pest ID: Aerial colony of wingless adult female woolly apple aphids
- 8. Pest ID: Winged adult female woolly apple aphid (waxless)
View more >