top 10 automobile companies in social media january 2014
out of 16
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION-Nissan is the most social Car company in U.S followed by Ford and Mercedez-Benz -Nissan led other car manufacturer competitors on various parameters on Facebook. -BMW has the highest fans on Facebook. Due to low percentage of fans engaged, BMW ranks third on Facebook among competitors. There is no positive correlation between increase in sales and increase in Facebook fans Audi is the clear leader on Twitter.
- 10 Most Popular Car Manufacturers In USA A SOCIAL MEDIA ANALYSIS JANUARY, 2014
- Key findings Nissan is the most social Car company in U.S followed by Ford and Mercedez-Benz Nissan led other car manufacturer competitors on various parameters on Facebook. BMW has the highest fans on Facebook. Due to low percentage of fans engaged, BMW ranks third on Facebook among competitors. There is no positive correlation between increase in sales and increase in Facebook fans Audi is the clear leader on Twitter.
- 10 MOST SOCIAL AMERICAN CAR COMPANY Rank Company name 1 Nissan 2 Ford 3 Mercedes-Benz 4 Audi 5 Volkswagen 6 Toyota 7 Honda 8 BMW 9 Subaru 10 Kia Simplify360 Score 81 75 74 73 61 56 53 49 36 33
- PARAMETER WISE BREAKUP OF SCORES Rank Company Name Facebook Score Rank Company Name Twitter Score 1 Nissan 84 1 Audi 91 2 Mercedes-Benz 77 2 Ford 89 3 BMW 69 3 Nissan 77 4 Volkswagen 67 4 Mercedes-Benz 71 5 Ford 60 5 Toyota 68 6 Audi 56 6 Honda 59 7 Honda 47 7 Volkswagen 56 8 Toyota 44 8 GM 41 9 Subaru 43 9 Kia 32 10 Mazda 43 10 Subaru 29 Final index is a function of Facebook score and Twitter score
- BMW HAS HIGH NUMBER OF FANS AS WELL AS HIGH ENGAGEMENT Millions BMW, Nissan and Audi are the leaders on Facebook High on engagement but low fans 0.3 High number of as well high number of engaged fans 0.14 1 -0.02 High on engagement but low fans -0.1 LEADERS *Bubble size represent %ge of fans engaged INDUSTRY AVERAGE 0.06 5 NO. OF PEOPLE ENGAGED -3 INDUSTRY AVERAGE 0.22 9 13 TOTAL NO. OF FANS Facebook engagement quadrant, January 2014 Car Industry, US, Source: Simplify360 17 Millions
- BMW IS THE MOST FOLLOWED BRAND ON FACEBOOK 15,375,102 BMW 8,543,508 7,726,208 Nissan Audi Honda Mercedes- Ford Volkswagen Toyota Subaru Hyundai 3,130,576 2,464,490 2,120,692 1,990,342 1,844,369 1,683,893 1,321,678 Total no. of fans of the top car companies, January 2014
- 14.51% 7.33% GM % increase in FB fans in 2013 compared to 2012 %change in sales in 2013 compared to 2012 Toyota Subaru Mercedes-Benz Mazda Volkswagen Hyundai 7.37% 46.19% 39.79% 26.23% 46.61% 29.67% 13.33% 2.49% -6.95% 2.53% 22.12% 7.21% 18.68% 10.80% Ford Honda 16.86% 9.00% 22.96% 9.88% BMW Chrysler Group 22.84% 13.46% Audi 86.88% 117.64% There is no positive correlation between increase in sales and increase in Facebook fans
- In terms of share of fans, there is perfect competition BMW has 31.6% share of fans 6.4% BMW 5.1% 15.9% Nissan 4.4% Audi 4.1% Honda Mercedes-Benz 3.8% Ford Volkswagen 3.5% 17.5% 2.7% 2.5% 1.5% 1.1% 0.1% Toyota Subaru Hyundai Mazda Chrysler Group GM Kia 31.6% Share of mentions of brands on social media, January 2014
- AUDI HAS THE HIGHEST FOLLOWERS WITH THE SECOND HIGHEST MENTIONS Three major groups can be observed among the Car companies. (1)Those with high mention but less follower, (2)those having high number of followers but less mentions and (3)those who are low on both the parameters. 35,000 Ford 30,000 High number of mentions and high followers Mentions 25,000 20,000 Toyota Less number followers and less mentions 15,000 Nissan Mercedes-Benz Volkswagen BMW 10,000 Kia Hyundai Honda High number followers but less mentions GM Subaru Chrysler Group 5,000 Audi Size of the bubble represents the number of tweets sent from the official twitter handle Mazda 0 0 100,000 200,000 300,000 400,000 Followers 500,000 600,000 700,000
- FORD IS THE MOST MENTIONED BRAND ON TWITTER No. of mentions of Twitter profiles, January 2014 34,628 Ford 25,612 Audi 16,453 Toyota Nissan 15,152 Mercedes-Benz 14,950 14,412 Volkswagen 12,377 BMW Honda Kia GM 10,467 9,049 8,191
- Methodology Simplify360s proprietary listening tool is used for collecting the data and counting the number of mentions for each company. The parameters considered for Twitter and Facebook were also gathered through Simplify360. For brands having multiple Twitter/Facebook profiles their US official account is taken into consideration. A total of 14 companies were considered in the analysis.
- Simplify360 The Leader of Social Business Intelligence Most admired brand for Social Media Research on Slideshare Top 10 Product Technology Company by TechSparks 2010 Listed amongst TOP 10 SMM tools by PR2020 and SocialMedia8
- Social Business Intelligence Simplify360 is the leading social business intelligence. Offerings include: Social Marketing Suite for agencies Social Contact Centre for BPOs Social Command Centre for Enterprises We enable businesses to perform Online Reputation Management, Customer Service, Community Management, Social Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer Sentiment Analysis. www.simplify360.com
- Leaders use Simplify360 Clients Partners Worldwide Brazil and LatAM USA Saudi Arabia Singapore & India Worldwide
- THANK YOU CONNECT WITH US
View more >