The World Is Flat Reflection
Post on 15-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis brief POWER POINT presentation accompanies a lecture by Mr. Libka. The actual seminar on Strategic Planning is supported by a more complete slide show.
- 1. The World is Flat The World is Flat By Thomas Friedman
2. The World is Flat Bob Libka Rotary Andy 3. The World is Flat The implications ofThe World is Flat ToThe Field of Education 4.
- Who are the Flatteners?
- Jet Blue
- Burger King Franchise
- IndiaNehru IITs Monmohan Singh foreign investment policy
5. The World is Flat
- How is the World Flat
- Examples of the Flattening
- How is Maywood Part of the Flat World
- Potential for Proviso Township Schools
- Questions for You
- Fun and Meaningful Resources
- How is the World Flat?
- Open SourcingRed Lake Mining
- Telecommunications Cheaper
- Have an international calling plan? Use your computer?
- Outsourcing for Cheap laborKnow anyone that does this?
- Supply Chain EconomicsWalmart distribution Comm. and IT
- Columbus accidentally ran into America(first tourist)but thought he had discovered part of India.I actually found India and thought many of the people Imet there were Americans.P5
- Staff can engage in solution finding from global perspective
- IB Program
- Teacher / Administrator Global Partners
- Bangalore Registrars Outsource Something /Yearbook?Newspaper?
- Nepalese Graduate of USHS via Net
- International Dialogue on Instructional Delivery
- Digital Textbooks Only
- Teach pursuit of ethical outcomesModel it!
We need to think more seriously than ever about how we encourage people to focus on productive outcomes that advance and unite civilization-peaceful imaginations that seek to minimize alienation and celebrate interdependence rather than self-sufficiency, inclusion rather than exclusion, openness , opportunity, and hope rather than limits, suspicion, and grievance.p545 And we need to model what we seek to achieve with the children. Robert Libka2007 8.
- PARENT REAL TIME INFORMATION
- DATA-DRIVEN DECISION MAKING
- ALIGNED AND SPECIFIC SKILL BUILDING
- Rotary, Leader in Bringing World Home
- Exchanges: Why not add digital exchange?
- Keep in touch with former exchanges(conf call)
- Rotary, Take the Lead in Finding Sister Village
- Rotary, HS Program of Exchange and Communication via the Net?
- Sons of Maywood
- Seth Groteluschen, MIS
- Scott Bierwaltes, Air CycleBoth have international business interests
11. FINAL CHAPTER Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein 12.
- PROVISO SCHOOLS
- Pay attention to Final Chapter
- Bangalore Data Crunch
- Global Competition / Pride
- International Competitions Math/Sci/?
- Rotary?What do you think we could do?
- Will you read the book? at least final chapter or book summary?
- How can you increase your alertness to opportunities?
- How can the Maywood Rotary help Maywood to capitalize on the Flattening?
- I could return to help you brainstorm this question.
- How can we improve education in our communities?
- rAlvin Toffler is at it again
- rFive Regions of the Future
- rNote websites in Handout
- Could we meet again in the Fall?
15. THE WORLD IS GETTING FLATTER Im benefiting by sharing. Thank you for inviting me!