The Cloud Computing and Enterprise Architecture
out of 22
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCloud Computing models : Cloud Computing models Cloud Computing consists of all types of outsourced IT services: Application, Platform, Infrastructure, Security... as a Service: XaaS Two typical deployments: SaaS: applications may be outsourced to different providers in the Cloud, using their own technology IaaS/PaaS: applications are housed by an Infrastructure/ Data Center provider and are downloaded as Virtual Machines Cloud Computing impacts on IT : Cloud Computing impacts on IT The IT becomes a separate entity from the firm: The technology in the Enterprise cloud, may run in another time zone, country... Cloud computing may reduce the IT branch to the architecture, strategy and planning functions Technology buy, upgrades, licensing and management are not a firms concern any longer Replaced by contracts and utility like charging, the bitter relation between business and IT vanishes Cloud Computing characteristics : Cloud Computing characteristics Web interface for self provisioning and reporting Charging mechanisms for actual consumption Multi-tenant data centers with frequently used platforms (PaaS) Technology is typically virtualized Blades technology could be used for scalability, low cost, reduced space & reduced power consumption Comes with development and deployment tools The Virtual Enterprise & Business Utilities : The Virtual Enterprise & Business Utilities The Virtual Enterprise business concept, known also as the Networked Enterprise, consists of distributed business functions and utilities, outsourced to partners that work together with the firm to deliver the product to end customers Business Process Utilities are an emerging form of business process outsourcing. BPU is useful when a more standardized solution is sought that can be paid for on a transactional basis, Gartner http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?id=527120 The evolution to the Cloud Enterprise : The evolution to the Cloud Enterprise The Monolithic Enterprise The Virtual Enterprise Company 8 Company 9 The Cloud Enterprise The Cloud Enterprise and EA : The Cloud Enterprise and EA The Business Architecture layer rests on top of the computing cloud consisting of the IT Application and Technology layers The Cloud Enterprise Architecture (EA) consists mostly of Business Architecture, rather than technology detail The Data Center, its virtualization become the concern of the cloud services providers The EA layers and current outsourcing types : The EA layers and current outsourcing types BPUtility outsourcing Managed Services (Apps,Infra) Outsourcing type Data Centre outsourcing Application outsourcing (SaaS) Call Centre (people) outsourcing The Enterprise The increasing EA layers virtualization : The increasing EA layers virtualization But virtualization increasingly occurs at interfaces between the EA layers (business, applications...) progressively abstracting and decoupling them, enabling as such business and IT outsourcing The UI become
- 1. Cloud Conversation Series : II The Cloud Computing and Enterprise Architecture Insights and Views
- 2. Cloud Computing
- 3. Cloud Computing impacts on IT
- 4. The Virtual Enterprise and Business Utilities
- 5. The Cloud Roadblocks Addressed by EA Approach
- 6. To be Not to Be When Cloud Computing may be a Fit When the processes, applications, and data are largely independent. When the points of integration are well defined. When a lower level of security will work just fine. When the core internal enterprise architecture is healthy. When the Web is the desired platform. When cost is an issue. When the applications are new. In When Cloud Computing may not a Fit When the processes, applications, and data are largely coupled. When the points of integration are not well defined. When a high level of security is required. When the core internal enterprise architecture needs work. When the application requires a native interface. When cost is an issue. When the application is legacy.
- 7. Private & Public Cloud Resources APPLICATION ARCHITECTS SYSTEM ADMINS IT MANAGEMENT DEV/QATEAMS ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTS IT OPERATIONS Test System Staging System Production System ENTERPRISE CLOUD Deploy & Configure Systems Auditing, Metering, and Planning IT Policies Request Dev/QA Systems Architectural Standards Policy-Based Architectural Designs Automatic Provisioning & Configuration 7 Helping Drive a Collaborative Process
- 8. A Gap in Realizing Architectural Goals What How Where Who When Why Information BusinessProcesses& Collaboration Geography Organization Business Events Strategy Databases Applications Networks SecuredUserInterfaces Event Processing TraceableModels (a miracle occurs) 1. 2. 3.
- 9. Filling in the Architecture Gap What How Where Who When Why Information BusinessProcesses& Collaboration Geography Organization Business Events Strategy Databases Applications Networks SecuredUserInterfaces Event Processing TraceableModels 1. 3. Architecture-AwareSystem, Policy, and Configuration Management 2.
- 10. The evolution to the cloud enterprise CloudComputingisanarchitecturalstylelikeSOAinEA EAwillhelpfigureout,whatserviceswhenandhowtomovetocloud EAisalsotheheartofChangetoorganizeandmanagedtheservices FinallyEAensuresseem-lessoperationstoadapttocloudbasedservices.
- 11. The cloud enterprise and EA
- 12. The EA layer and current Outsourcing types
- 13. The increasing EA layer virtualization
- 14. The EA interface layer virtualization
- 15. The Cloud Enterprise
- 16. The Cloud Enterprise structure and operation
- 17. The Cloud Enterprise (CE), SOA & EA
- 18. The Integration in an Enterprise
- 19. The Cloud Roadblocks
- 20. Stepping to the Clouds 1.Access the business. 2.Access the culture. 3.Access the value. 4.Understand your data. 5.Understand your services. 6.Understand your processes. 7.Understand the cloud resources. 8.Identify candidate data. 9.Identify candidate services. 10.Identify candidate processes. 11.Create a governance strategy. 12.Create a security strategy. 13.Bind candidate services to data and processes. 14.Relocate services, processes, and information. 15.Implement security. 16.Implement governance. 17.Implement operations.
- 21. A popular question posted quite often What kind of impact is the rise in cloud computing having on enterprise architecture ? Here is the answer So,inshort,thequestion,Probablyabetterwaytoaskitwouldbe,IsCloudComputingausefultechnologyalternativeforimplementingourEnterprise(oratleastportionsofourEnterprise)andhowwouldweaffectthatimplementationtominimizeourriskandmaximizeitsutility?
- 22. Furthermore The biggest challenge facing the Information Age Enterprise may well be change, not only because of its increasing frequency, but because of the unpredictability of its sources including technological change, environmental change, economic change, regulatory change, market change, political change, cultural change etc. Seven thousand years of known history of humankind establishes that the only known strategy for accommodating extreme complexity and extreme change is ARCHITECTURE !!! ;-))
View more >
The Role of Enterprise Architecture in Federal Cloud of EA in Federal Cloud...The Role of Enterprise Architecture in Federal Cloud Computing ... outlines an approach to implementing Cloud Computing that
Enterprise Architecture for Architecture Driven Planning ... ? Â· Enterprise Architecture for Architecture ... Enterprise Architecture for Architecture Driven ... between the broader aspects of Enterprise Architecture and the
Architecting the Cloud - IEEE Computer the Cloud: Enterprise Architecture Patterns for Cloud Computing ... • Benchmarking Cloud Adoption • Determining Competitive Advantage • Determining
Enterprise Architecture Development - ?· Architecture Data Architecture ... Enterprise architecture means ... Enterprise Architecture Sample Deliverables