setting up a wedding reception
out of 15
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SETTING UP A WEDDING RECEPTION TIPS
- 2. So what is a wedding reception? This is a party held after the wedding ceremony. This is a sign of hospitality for all those who attended and witness their wedding. This is like a tradition where they entertain their guests after the ceremony and this usually last up to even a day. The main key on setting up a wedding reception is by planning. Why is planning very important especially in an event like this? There are different advantages of planning especially for an event.Here are some of them:
- 3. Advantage #1: It Provides Direction Another possible reason is to reward their employees and business partners for their hard work. Well as a business owner you have to know how important your team or employee is. They are your greatest asset! Taking care of them can improve their productivity and performance. Corporate event can also help your business by promoting togetherness and teamwork in the office. The most important part of having an event like this is to create an atmosphere of education that will benefit the company or business.
- 4. Advantage #2: Reduces Risks In any events, there will always be the factor of being uncertain or having risks. Well we cant remove that fact especially in an event, but you can always reduce the chances and give instant solution. This is by the help of planning; you can anticipate any problems because everything is planned.
- 5. Advantage #3: You have Control When you planned it is natural to have an objective for the event. This way, you can control everything that is planned. If you are the one who plan the event, then you also have the power to control it. This can be on how, when and what to do on a certain thing or place.
- 6. Now that you know some of the advantage of planning, I assume you will do planning next time. But not all people are gifted on planning; some do plan but still cant prevent or reduce the risks and uncertainty. Well that is natural because you can improve by experience. Some people or couple tends to hire some Event Management Service for this, mainly because they know more about planning such event and has a good experience in it. Actually it is more advisable to hire someone who is good at planning to make the event more successful.
- 7. HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR SETTING UP YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION:
- 8. Tip #1: Set Date It is recommended that you set a date long before you even decide looking for locations for the reception. Why? Well we know that there are lots of sites where you can do the reception, but also keep in mind that not every one of them can be available in just a day or week. Usually many sites are booked a year or two in advance, so be aware for your date decision or you might not get the reception you want for your after wedding party.
- 9. Tip #2: Indoor or Outdoor The choice is actually up to you, you can decide either you want the reception to be indoor or outdoor. If you want your reception outdoor, then you must also consider things like raining that might ruin your plan, so be sure that when you plan it outdoor you must prepare for change of plans or prepare for counter measures. Indoor can be good because you dont need to worry about the weather since you will be inside a room or building.
- 10. Tip #3: Set your Budget Setting up your budget is one of the most important things to do especially when you are planning an event like this. Basically since it is a wedding reception, you can end up spending lots of your savings. Consider different things that you might buy or spend money with; this can be the venue, food, beverages, staffs, and many more. Try putting everything in budget to prevent big adjustments.
- 11. Tip #4: Type of ReceptionYou can also decide on what type of reception you want it to be. Here are some things that you can choose for the type of reception you want.
- 12. Tip #4: Type of Reception Sit Down This is usually an expensive one but the most appreciated type of reception and it works well for speeches.Cocktail This is a modern type of reception; this is enjoyed by most people in the event. Basically this is a small gathering where just a few cocktail is served. But be sure to include this to the invitation or your guest might think about the traditional meals instead of cocktails.Picnic This is an outdoor reception, in this reception type it is very easy to arrange catering because this can be done using your local sandwich place. But the disadvantage of this reception is that when it rain, it can ruin the reception.
- 13. Tip #5: Seating Arrangement We already know that there are different types of wedding reception. The most popular and most used type of reception is the sit-down wherein your guests can be sit anywhere on the venue. Well what else do you expect? You need to do seating arrangement. This is not classroom seating arrangement, but you need to arrange the seating. The bride and groom can sit at the dais or raised platform, basically they just need to sit at the front.
- 14. Tip #6: Food and Beverages Here comes the exciting part where everyone gets to eat and drink to their content. I mean who dont like eating right? But as the event planner you also need to consider your guest for your food and beverages. Why? We all know that everyone wants to eat delicious food, but you must also consider those who dont eat any random foods. There may be some vegetarian in your guest, so it would be great if you can also serve a food for vegetarian. There are also some people who have an allergic reaction to a certain meal, be sure to serve different type of food to prevent troubles for your guests.
- 15. Thats All Thank You
View more >