Microfinance in the Banking Sector October 2011. Content Overview of microfinance in the banking sector Analysis of landscape Drivers of change Skills.
Post on 27-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Microfinance in the Banking Sector October 2011
- Slide 2
- Content Overview of microfinance in the banking sector Analysis of landscape Drivers of change Skills implications
- Slide 3
- Profile of microfinance Source: NCR Register, August 2010
- Slide 4
- Provincial distribution of credit activity Source: NCR Consumer Credit Market Report, December 2010
- Slide 5
- Estimated number of MFI employees % distribution staff Small enterprise financiers (mostly not for profit)3.8% Cooperatives1.0% Incremental/Low cost housing0.5% Small micro lenders37.3% Large micro lenders24.6% Alternative banks (African Bank/Capitec/U- Bank)31.6% Large/Commercial Banks1.2% Source: NCR Registration August 2010 with RUDO estimates
- Slide 6
- Employee race profile Source: Primary Research Interviews
- Slide 7
- Employee educational profile Source: Primary Research Interviews
- Slide 8
- Range of financial services TransactSaveBorrowProtect
- Slide 9
- The South African Microfinance Landscape
- Slide 10
- Drivers of change in the sector Economic and socio economic factors
- Slide 11
- Drivers of change in the sector Political and social environments Speeding up growth and transformation to create decent work and sustainable livelihoods Massive programme to build economic and social infrastructure Comprehensive rural development strategy linked to land and agriculture reform and food security Strengthen the skills and human resource base Build cohesive, caring and sustainable communities (Address inequalities and halve poverty and unemployment by 2014)
- Slide 12
- Drivers of change in the sector Technological factors Competitiveness through technology National loan register no longer compulsory so no longer a source of accurate information Cooperatives have mostly manual systems Those who have purchased sophisticated custom designed software do not use it
- Slide 13
- Drivers of change in the sector Legislative environment
- Slide 14
- Skills implications A need for management talent Loan officers promoted through the ranks lack management skills Managers in commercial banks not familiar with business models for serving low-income markets Paradigm shift inclusive banking models that need managers with entrepreneurial spirit Credit Management, Legislation, Marketing and Compliance Cooperatives and ME lenders: Basic Accounting, Credit Management, Corporate governance skills
- Slide 15
View more >
Microfinance in Pakistan: Policies and ? Master Thesis Microfinance in Pakistan: ... The microfinance sector in Pakistan consists of regulated and ... overall reforms in the banking sector in terms of ...
CENTRE FOR INCLUSIVE BANKING IN FOR INCLUSIVE BANKING IN AFRICA The Microfinance Review 2013 From Microfinance to Financial Inclusion . A review of the South African microfinance sector
Microfinance In The Banking Sector: Current Environment ...nap.psa.gov.ph/ncs/9thncs/papers/banking_ Environment and Future Directions by ... Microfinance in the Banking Sector: Current Environment and Future ... of a new microfinance-oriented bank or ...
RUPERT MELSOM APRIL 2010 Analysis of the Microfinance Sector of the Microfinance Sector ... challenges that face the industry and ... One should not forget that todays microfinance clients are tomorrows banking ...
FINANCIAL INCLUSION IN ZIMBABWE BANKING INCLUSION IN ZIMBABWE BANKING MICROFINANCE SECTOR ... of building inclusive financial systems which ... services by banking
Indian Microfinance Sector in Capital Markets: Perils Microfinance Sector in Capital Markets: Perils and Prospects ... practices that the ... of the Indian microfinance sector in capital ...
ROLE OF THE BANKING SECTOR IN PROMOTING OF THE BANKING SECTOR IN PROMOTING GROWTH DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND ... the Role of the Banking Sector in ... adequate skills and technology
EMERGING TRENDS IN INDIAN MICROFINANCE TRENDS IN INDIAN MICROFINANCE INDUSTRY; ROLE OF FINANCIAL ... emerging trends in Indian ... Institution moved to formal banking sector ...
Consolidation of the banking sector in Poland ... of banks in the ... model of the banking sector. Supervisors and the public sector try to ... of the banking sector. The banking consolidation ...
COMPETITION BETWEEN MICROFINANCE BETWEEN MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS AND THE FORMAL BANKING SECTOR by TIA JANE MONAHAN A THESIS Presented to the Department of
State of Governance in the Banking Sector Dealing with the ... Deputy General Manager ... Bangladesh Bank 2012). The banking sector ... overview of the performance of the banking sector in Section 2.