Post on 09-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Jose Angel RuizMr. Perez Spring 2011
- Born: Around 563 B.C.
- Where: Northern India near the Himalayas
- Siddhartha was a Prince but wasnt satisfied
- He saw how every one suffered and he tried to find out the meaning of life.
- In 563 BCE Siddhartha was born. He died in 483 BCE
- Buddha sat under a tree to reach enlightenment
- He was in the warrior class
Life Of Siddhartha 3.
- 1. Human life has a lot of suffering.
- 2. The cause of suffering is greed.
- 3. There is an end to suffering.
- 4. The way to end suffering is to follow the Middle Path.
Teachings Four Noble Truths 4.
- Right Thought
- Right Intent
- Right Speech
- Right Action
- Right Livelihood
- Right Effort
- Right Mindfulness
- Right Concentration
Eight Fold Path- The Middle Way 5.
- Believe in the nature of life and suffering and in all of the four noble truths.
Right Thought 6.
- Incline towards goodness and kindness.
Right Intent 7. Try talking with a purpose.Avoid lying and gossiping. Right Speech 8.
- Dont be a menace or a person who steals other peoples belongings.
Do not steal from others. Dont harm other people with your actions. Right Action 9. Dont let others or yourself perform actions that will hurt others . Right Livelihood 10. Right Effort
- Prevent Evil and Do Good
- Helpful Thoughts
- Encourage Good
- Doing The Right Thing For The Right Reason.
11. Right Mindfulness
- Be Happy
- Dont Bully
- Be kind to others
- Control Your anger
12. Right Concentration
- Be Calm
13. Thanks ForWatching!!!!!