guided mindfulness meditation - what is mindful meditation & how to do it
Post on 07-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMindfulness meditation guided mindfulness meditation for stress reduction, mbsr. Based on jon kabat zinn meditation techniques and mindfulness based cognitive therapy. Includes breathing meditation, meditation techniques, relaxation, insight meditation, vipassana meditation. Power point presentation on mindfulness plain english, free meditation guide. Mindfulness for beginners to help learn meditation and develop a mindfulness practice.
- 1.What it is Why do it? How to do it (illustrated by apes and other nice pictures) Guided Mindfulness Meditation
2. What is mindfulness? Focusing your mind on the present. To be mindful is to be aware of your thoughts and actions in the present, without judging yourself. 3. Autopilot Are you on auto pilot? When was the last time you stopped and really noticed your surroundings? 4. Washing machine head? Thoughts washing round and round in your head ? Mindfulness creates a different state of mind. 5. Thinking... Pick bubbles up from school....Call mum... Get bananas... Does my bum look big in this 6. Give yourself a break Research proves it works. Mindfulness meditation improves mood, decreases stress, and boosts immune function. It can help with anxiety, depression and eating disorders 7. Technique... S top T ake a breath O bserve P roceed 8. Slow down. Take a few deep breaths. Observe yourself without judgment. Proceed in the present moment. Stop... 9. Breathe Use your breath as an object of awareness. Allow the breath to flow naturally and simply be aware of it. Do not try to controlthe breath. 10. Study apes... Just for the moment. If its not working right now, dont force it. Just bring your thoughts back to the present. Have compassion for yourself. 11. Do it washing up... Be more present in your daily activities especially doing the washing up!Be in the moment... 12. Try it Walking... Be more present walking. Try a walking meditation. 13. How about eating? Be mindful when you eat. Yum s avour the moment... 14. Any time, any place, anywhere You can be mindful anywhere in the world, at home, in the office. It only takes a minute to be fully present in the moment... 15. A simple mindful exercise
- Eat a raisin mindfully...
- Touch it
- Squash it
- Smell it
- Hear it
- Chew it
- What was your experience like ?
- Sit, be in your body, notice how you are doing in this moment. Repeat these phrases a few times with real intention.
- May I be truly happy and deeply peaceful.
- May I have love and compassion for myself.
- May I love myself completely just the way I am.
- Then begin to picture someone who you care about, picturing them here with you.
Guided mindful meditation 17. Apes do it wellGo Ape Meditate Take time to be mindful 18. Then go back into the world... . Practice mindfulness in everything you do.Tell your friends on facebook. Tweet about it on twitter! 19. Find out more I can help with mindful marketing & great presentations!www.webyogi.co.uk Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook http://mbsrworkbook.com/ Wikipedia on Mindfulness Center for mindfulness Jon Kabat Zinn - Mindfulness meditation CDs & tapes Bywww.webyogi.co.uk Follow me on twitter@webyogi Credits : Presentation Zen | iStock photos