diy natural hair care
Post on 04-Apr-2016
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONcleansing clays, deep conditioners, hair teas, butters, and alkalizing, hair growing green drinks - and more from LavishlyNatural.com
Lavishly Naturals Luscious Hair Growth Challenge Recipe E-Guide Copyright 2014 by Erica King.
All Rights Reserved. !!!!!
All rights reserved. No part of this publication my be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. !!!!!
Disclaimer: Any content and or information in this book is/are mainly for informational and educational purposes only. This book is meant to supplement and not substitute for the medical advice.
Herbal Rinses, Slippery Conditioners & Hair Teas 6 Amla & Hibiscus Curl Defining Deep Conditioner 8 Coco-Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner 10 Creamy Avocado Deep Conditioner 12 Flaxseed Leave-In Conditioner Recipe 14 Refreshing Mango Beauty Tonic 17 Slippery Marshmallow Detangling Conditioner 19 Tea Therapy 22 Tea Therapy Ingredients 24 !!
4Henna & Clay Recipes 26 Apple, Aloe, & Honey Cleansing Clay 28 Green Diva (The Ultimate Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie) 30 Homemade Bentonite Clay Wash 32 Bentonite Clay Video Link 34 Pumpkin Spice Deep Conditioning Clay Mask 35 Red Raj Henna With Amla, Hibiscus, & Beetroot Tea 39 Red Wine Henna Treatment With Coconut Milk 41 Oils & Butters 47 Coconut Shea Butter 49
Henna & Clay Contents
5 Carrot Cake Carrot Oil 51 How To Make Homemade Carrot Oil Video Link 54 The Outrageous Orange-sicle Hair Lovin Smoothie 55 Benefits of THE Outrageious Orange-Sicle Hair Lovin Smoothie 57 Whipped Apricot Shea Butter 58 Sexy Chocolate Shiny Hair Butter 61 Twist & Braid Butter 65 The Hair Challenge Grocery List 67 Thank You! 68 About The Author 69
Oils & Butters | Contents
Lavishly Naturals Lusicous Hair Challenge
Herbal RInses, Slippery Conditioners & Hair Teas
Erica K. King
You are ALWAYS stronger than you know and so is your hair!
Ingredients ! 3 tbsps amla powder 2 tbsps hibiscus powder 2 tbsps honey 1 tbsp marshmallow root powder 1 tbsp linden leaf & flower powder 1 tbsp horsetail powder 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil 1 1/2 tsps cocoa butter 1 cup coconut water Instructions
1. Mix your powders together so that they are well blended.
2. Slowly stir in coconut water until desired consistency (start with about 1/4 cup...slowly go up from there).
3. Add honey and stir. ! 4. Add in coconut oil and cocoa butter. ! 5. Apply to hair. ! 6. Let conditioner stay on for 20 to 45 minutes. (I usually let mine stay on for a few hours) ! 7. Rinse. !!
Amla & Hibiscus Curl Defining
Deep Conditioner Recipe
Ingredients ! 1/4 teaspoon guar gum 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil 1 cup distilled or purified water 1 teaspoon flax oil 3 to 5 drops vanilla essential oil (or the essential of your choice) !Instructions ! 1. Take a small amount of your water mixture and add the gums to it.
2. Shake it vigorously and then allow it to set for about 5 minutes.
3. Its best to blend this in a blender for about 2 to 5 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency or you like. I mixed it in my mixer after warming up the water for about 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave. This warmth felt great and added in a quick warm oil treatment for my scalp.
Coco-Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner
Ingredients ! 1 ripe avocado (or 1/2 cup mashed) 1/4 cup aloe vera juice 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon castor oil (or coconut oil) 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice Instructions
1. Add honey, avocado, and lemon juice to your mixing bowl or blender.
2. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until the conditioner reaches your desired consistency. Slowly add in aloe vera juice.
3. Increase the aloe vera juice if your conditioner is too thick. Add more avocado if your mix is too thin.
!Notes !For Over-the-Top Lavish Abundance (and if you have an aloe vera plant) use the natural gel that comes from the leaves of the plant. You may also substitute coconut milk for aloe vera juice for an even creamier creamy avocado conditioner!
Creamy Avocado Deep Conditioner
F laxseed Leave-In Conditioner Recipe
Ingredients ! 3 tablespoons flaxseeds 2 cups purified water 4 drops sandalwood essential oil spray bottle strainer !!Instructions ! 1. Add flaxseeds to purified or distilled water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Allow flaxseeds to boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Dont boil the flaxseeds too long (5 minutes) because it will make a gel.
Fresh rosemary, thyme or basil; you can also add flaxseed oil, coconut oil, lemon oil or grapefruit oil to your mix depending on what your hair wants and needs:)
Flaxseed Leave-In Conditioner
*Optional: fresh rosemary, thyme or basil; you can also add flaxseed oil, coconut oil, lemon oil
or grapefruit oil to your mix depending on what your hair
wants and needs:)
Ingredients ! 1/2 lemon (peeled) 1 mango 3 kale leaves & stems 1/4 cabbage 1 cucumber !!Instructions ! 1. Wash and peel all of your ingredients
2. Run them throw your juicer in the order presented
3. Drink & do the Happy Dance! !!
Slippery Marshmallow Detangling Conditioner
Ingredients ! 3 cups purified water 2 tablespoons marshmallow root powder 2 tablespoons dried catnip 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon hibiscus flowers 6 drops lemon essential oil
!!Instructions ! 1. Heat 2 cups of water to just before boiling and remove from heat. ! 2. Add catnip and let sit for 10 minutes. ! 3. Strain catnip roots/leaves from the water. ! 4. Bring the remaining cup of water to a boil. ! 5. Add marshmallow root powder and apple cider vinegar to boiling water. ! 6. Remove from heat. !
Slippery Marshmallow Detangling Condtioner
7. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. 8. Add catnip infused water to marshmallow root/apple cider mixture. 9. Add essential oils and have a Lavish Hair Partay! !!Notes !Great for use after shampoo, co-wash, and deep conditioner. !Also good as a hair rinse.
Ingredients ! 2 1/2 cups purified water 1 tablespoon dried catnip 1 tablespoon dried comfrey root 1 tablespoon hibiscus flowers 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 4 drops of rosemary essential oil 1 teaspoon flaxseeds Optional: 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
!!Instructions ! 1. Bring water to a boil and add flaxseeds. Immediately remove from heat. ! 2. Add catnip, comfrey root, hibiscus, and rosemary.
3. Let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Strain ingredients from the water.
5. Add apple cider vinegar and essential oils.
6. Remove from heat.
(a conditioning hair treatment)
Tea Therapy Ingredients
Great for use after a swim to help re-balance your hairs ph levels. Use as a hair rinse after a shampoo, co-wash, or deep conditioner.
Lavishly Naturals30-Day Hair Growth
Henna & Clay
Henna & Clay 26 Apple, Aloe, & Honey Cleansing Clay 28 Green Diva (The Ultimate Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie 30 Homemade Bentonite Clay Wash 32 Bentonite Clay Video 34 Pumpkin Spice Deep Conditioning Clay Mask 35 Red Raj Henna With Amla, Hibiscus, & Beetroot Tea 39 Red Wine Henna Treatment With Coconut Milk 41 Oils & Butters 47
Apple, Aloe & Honey Cleansing Clay
Ingredients ! 3 tablespoons bentonite clay 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel 2 tablespoons honey 1 teaspoon castor oil 6 drops lemon essential oil Instructions
1. Mix vinegar, gel, and clay together. Add honey and castor oil and mix until smooth. Add essential oil.
2. Apply to hair.
3. Let sit for 20 to 45 minutes under plastic bag, sho