did you kno facts
out of 24
Post on 24-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONsome known/unknown interesting facts..
- 1. Did You Know FACTS Linel Dias 1016050 AIMIT
- 2. Chewing on gum while cutting onions can help a person from stop producing tears. Try it next time you chop onions.
- 3. Istanbul is the only city that resides on two continents; Europe and Asia.
- 4. Until babies are six months old, they can breathe and swallow at the same time. Indeed convenient!
- 5. Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name.
- 6. Male mosquitoes are vegetarians. Only females bite.
- 7. The world's largest island is Greenland (2,131,600 km). It is almost three times as large as the world's second-largest island, New Guinea (790,000 km).
- 8. The average person's field of vision encompasses a 200-degree wide angle.
- 9. To find out if a watermelon is ripe, knock it, and if it sounds hollow then it is ripe.
- 10. Canadians can send letters with personalized postage stamps showing their own photos on each stamp.
- 11. Monaco has the densest population in the world with an average of 42,861 individuals per square mile.
- 12. Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.
- 13. Libya is the only country with a single-colored flag.
- 14. It snowed in the Sahara Desert in February of 1979.
- 15. Plants watered with warm water grow larger and more quickly than plants watered with cold water.
- 16. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times .
- 17. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
- 18. Antarctica is the only landmass in the world that is not owned by any one specific country.
- 19. Those stars and colours you see when you rub your eyes are called phosphenes.
- 20. French was the official language of England for over 600 years. The world's smallest independent state is the Vatican City, with a population of about 1,000 - and a zero birthrate. The only nation whose name begins with an "A", but doesn't end in an "A" is Afghanistan. Japan leads the world in car production, almost 50% more than Germany and the USA. Antarctica comprises 90% of the world's ice cover. If melted, this would represent approximately 70% of the earth's fresh water. Netherlands administrative capital The Hague is home to the The International Court of Justice , and The International Criminal Court .
- 21. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- 22. Everyone's tongue print is different, like fingerprints.
- 23. The Vatican's Swiss Guard still wears a uniform designed by Michelangelo in the early 16th century. Europe has no deserts - it is the only continent without one. Canada is an Indian word meaning 'Big Village'. It is forbidden for aircraft to fly over the Taj Mahal . Luxemburg has the highest per capita GDP at $55,100; Somalia, East Timor and Sierre Leone have the lowest at $500.
View more >
A ANGEZICHTSPIJN IN HET KNO - GEBIED Dienst KNO Genk/ZMK Lemmens Winde 24 april 2014 Dienst KNO Genk/ZMK Lemmens Winde 24 april 2014
Did you know? 10 EP facts - Boston Scientific Did you know that Electrophysiology is a cardiology specialty