blogging presentation april2012
out of 22
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. BloggingConnecting our classrooms St Luke the Evangelist, Blackburn South 2012
- 2. Our story so farLearning is enhanced when we connect with others within and beyond the classroom 2010-2011 Class blogs CLRP Student Blogging challenge SLAV PLN program Class Blogs Challenge Refine Teacher Blogs Student Blogs (Kidblog) purpose and get everyone Twitter on board 2010 2012
- 3. Our CL Focus 2009-10Learning is enhanced when we connect with others within and beyond the classroom.
- 4. THE COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE CONSTRUCTION MODELhttp://www.ideaslab.edu.au/design-lab/ckc/
- 5. Reasons to blog What is your experience with blogging? What can you see as authentic and purposeful reasons to blog ?
- 6. Reasons to blog Creating a positive digital footprint Effective digital citizenship Transparency and accountability Feedback Web 2.0 tools Writing and Creative opportunitiesBased on 6 reasons to blogBy Jenny Lucahttp://mindshift.kqed.org/2011/08/six-reasons-why-kids-should-know-how-to-blog/
- 7. Creating positive digital footprint Using social media for constructive educational purpose Students control an image of themselves as learners Digital portfolio for the future as well as a reflective learner
- 8. Transparency and connectivity Archive of learning whilst in action A window into the classroom for parents and wider school community Connecting with other learners, experts and stakeholders Reciprocating
- 9. Effective digital citizenship Class blogs teachers model appropriate behaviours Practising Cybersafe behaviour Authentic context for discussing issues
- 10. Affirmation - feedback Writing for a purpose Feedback from peers, adults, family as well as teachers. Flag counters / Visitors maps / Comments Sharing success / Asking questions Taking Action that Matters
- 11. New ways of thinking about web tools Sharing knowledge (Voicethread, Slideshare, Glogsters, Prezi) Requesting help (polls, questions) Publicity through Twitter
- 13. Writing and Creative Process Text types opportunities for all Incentive to stand out from other blogs Feedback Audience Opportunity to model conventions/proof reading BLOGGING IS A PROCESS requires practice, reflection and research. (Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano)
- 14. Choose your path or combination PurposeShowcase and CollaborateWith Parents and stakeholdersWith wider Community Communicate To students task driven homework etc To parents extension of newsletter To expert sharing knowledgeCreate and ReflectFor students Digital / ePortfolioAs Professional reflective journal
- 15. Class Blogs Teacher models correct behaviours by using: appropriate language selected personal information only commenting skills (positive and affirming etc) Parent feedback
- 18. Issues What are some of the issues that you could foresee?
- 19. Issues Starting up who, when and why ? Consent for work samples/photos etc Educating the parent community Finding an audience (Twitter #comments4kids, #classblogs) Quadblogging Moderating Student Blogs time element Maintaining Class Blogs time, commitment and purpose
- 20. References Blogging in the Classroom http://web.me.com/zowee/Zoes_Blog/Blog/Entries/2011/10/18_Blogging_in_the_Primary_Classroom.html Our Blog about Blogs http://zoeandmel.wordpress.com/about/ Henrietta Miller http://www.classroomchronicles.net/2012/03/09/ictensw-edmodo-and-student-blogging/ Silvia Rosenthal-Tolisano - We are blogging . Now WhaT? http://langwitches.org/blog/2011/10/20/we-are-blogging-now- what-stepping-it-up/comment-page-1/#comment-60544 Blogging in the Fourth Dimension 14 Steps to meaningful blogging http://mrspripp.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/14-steps-to- meaningful-student-blogging.html Technology in the Classroom Kathleen Morris Five Steps to starting a classroom blog http://primarytech.global2.vic.edu.au/2012/01/29/five-steps-to-starting-a-class-blog-in-2012/
- 21. Links to exploreStudent Blogging Challenge Stich.it http://stich.it/siNDA3NAClass Blogs http://stich.it/siNDA3NQTeacher Blogs http://stich.it/siNDA3Ng
View more >