8th grade dols
Post on 23-Feb-2016
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION8th Grade DOLS. DOL #1. ladies and gentlemen please send me the following coins two wooden nickels one five dollar gold piece and three jefferson nickels sincerely eric cameron. DOL #2. us girls havent never tore that paper into peices . - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
8th Grade DOLS
8th Grade DOLSDOL #1ladies and gentlemen
please send me the following coins two wooden nickels one five dollar gold piece and three jefferson nickels
sincerelyeric cameronDOL #2us girls havent never tore that paper into peices.
That lawn in my opinion has the greener grass in louisville kentuckyDOL #31. wont you give kim and I there popcorn
2. we have knew that prof bagley plays golf real goodDOL #41. yesterday i set down in the hammock and read the adventures of huckleberry finn a novel by mark twain
2. their was two little water for the grass to grow more tallerDOL #51. may kurt and me go to riverside beach asked jan
2. yes the two of you have your mothers permission to eat at our houseDOL #61. there reading arctic fury a short story
2. last Saturday i washed dads car cut the grass and plant aunt sues bushesDOL #121. there reading arctic fury a short story
2. last Saturday i washed dads car cut the grass and planting aunt sues bushes.
3. them boys have chose to order the following food hot dogs potato chips and chocolate milk.DOL #141. snowy our cat is the whiter of all the cats on our block.
2. she had lain the groceries on the counter but she had forgot to put the ice cream into the freezer.
3. george my friend is traveling west on highway 66. D.O.L. #151. my family however is spending its vacation in the east.
2. i and my brother stayed at the lorraine hotel in st louis missouri.
3. jeremy opened the door, and called out dinner is ready.DOL #161. dad has took pam and i fishing many times.
2. karens bike is the newer of the five bikes parked hear.
3. during the nineteenth century there familys wealth had grew. DOL #171. thats the biggest fish ive ever saw!
2. i have lain my backpack their many times im sure.DOL #191. matt and me have went to johnsons hardware store to shop.
2. theres the knew offices of the jersey milk company.
3. yesterday that girl lay treasure island an exciting book on her teachers desk.DOL #211. mom brung the groceries home or it could have also been dad.
2. we saw prof coles buying the following items four books two erasers and a pen. DOL #231. This tree should of grown to be the biggest of these too.
2. the man has took the Books to the lincoln memorial library.
**PLEASE CHECK THE MISSING WORK BOARD. IT HAS BEEN UPDATED!!**DOL #241. saturn has twenty moons, but earth only has one.
2. she lives on twenty-second street south.
3. tomorrow, john has a test in french and history.
DOL #25Lesson 5 Vocabulary Review (1-14 & 1-6). This is on your table.
DOL #261. the thief stealed to much merchandise too carry away in won trip.
2. get youre room cleaned up said mother or your not going to the concert tonight.
3. i always watch the olympics the world series and the indianapolis 500 on television.DOL #27COPY THE ENTIRE ANALOGY
1. Mountain: ________:: person: crowd.
2. Urban: city:: _________::country.
3. Frays: phrase:: grays: ___________.
4. Butter: biscuits:: __________: pancakes.
5. ________: starve:: suffocate:: air.DOL #28Complete the Connect to Writing (1-8) Activity in your grammar book.Follow book directionsPG. 826DOL #29Add commas where necessary to the following sentences:
Jack bought bananas milk cereal and juice.On Saturday Jenna cleaned the house got groceries and saw a movie. My dog knows how to sit how to sleep and how to eat.
DOL #30Using your book if needed, answer the following questions:
1. What is a compound sentence?2. What do you have to have to make a compound sentence?3. What are the two ways to create a compound sentence.4. What does FANBOYS stand for?5. What punctuation mark do you have to use with a FANBOY in a compound sentence?6. What is a run-on sentence? DOL #31Answer the following questions in paragraph format:
-What did you think about the Explore?-Which section did you find easiest?-Hardest?-Which area do you feel you need to be more prepared in?-How can your teachers help you prepare now that youve taken an ACT type test?DOL #33Add COMMAS ONLY where necessary. Some sentences may be correct (just write C)
1. They thought they had arrived too early, but they had not.2. Before she started on her test Amy took several deep breaths to relax. 3. Because she wanted to be considered for the job Eileen filled out an application form.4. Where the snow covers the ground all winter, animals have difficulty finding food. DOL #34Vocabulary Review:
1-14, Completing the Sentence1-6, Antonyms
USE YOUR VOCABULARY TO HELP YOU WITH THESE!!!hDOL #36Complete the Chapter 28 Post-Test on your desk. This is not group work. If you took notes throughout the chapter, you may use those. YOU MAY NOT USE YOUR BOOK.
*When you finish this, make sure you are finished with the Mixed Review pg. 846.D.O.L. #37dear mr billings
call of the wild a novel has been sent to you it is a complimentary copy.
sincerelyj n harrisD.O.L. #381. there taking mrs jackson there friend to yosemite national park.
2. theres three frogs in this hear pond.
3. the class has chose emma and I as guides.DOL #391. yesterday the sun shined all day but it was still very cold.
2. dad looked at me and shouted dont ever do that again
3. last year the lake had froze before christmas. D.O.L. #41We read the longest day a short story in class.
My cousin will go to the sunnyside elementary school in benton harbor michigan in the fall.D.O.L. #42Vocabulary Review
-Use your WORDS and DEFINITIONS (DOL #40) to help you complete the vocabulary review on your tables.
Complete 1-14 AND 1-6
When you finish, review your words with a partner.D.O.L. #44GRAMMAR BOOK
Chapter 22 Pretest pg. 655 (1-5)Practice Your Skills pg. 656 (follow book directions)DOL #45USING YOUR VOCABULARY DEFINTIONS, complete the vocabulary review on your desk.1-14 AND 1-6
AFTER YOU FINISH, call out words with a partner at your table.
2nd 9 Weeks DOL Check December 12thReward Day December 13th DOL #461. by this evening I will have brung all of the rocks and logs and wire to youre house.
2. the flowers in front of the canfield publishing company had froze.
3. we can ride to the Quarry or we can walk to the Beach.
**THE MISSING WORK BOARD HAS BEEN UPDATED. THESE ASSIGNMENTS NEED TO BE TURNED IN TO ME BY MONDAY, OR HIGH EXPECTATIONS WILL BE ASSIGNED! November 14, 2013Number your quiz paper 1-20.Label it Lesson 8 QuizREVIEW YOUR WORDS!
After your quiz, define Lesson 9 Words (these will be on the board after your quiz)
HAPPY FRIDAY DOL #48Italics and Quotation Marks Pre-Test
Pg. 853 (1-10)Pg. 855, Practice Your Skills(1-7)DOL #49VOCABULARY REVIEW (On your desks)
Complete both parts USING YOUR WORDS.
If you didnt complete definitions, there are copies on the table by the printer D.O.L. #501. after us have left there we will do the following find a cabin eat our supper and will go fishing.
2. its easiest too lift the smallest of the too stones. Friday, November 22, 2o13Label your vocabulary quiz paper Lesson 9 Quiz.
Number it 1-20.
Review your words briefly.,
AFTER THE QUIZ, you will complete the writing assignment on the board. It is the 2nd part of your test from yesterday. It is worth 50 points.Part Two of Chapter 3 TestUsing pg. 80 as your guide, you are going to write a Movie Review of a movie you have seen recently or maybe just your favorite movie.Your paragraph must contain the following elements:Grading Rubric Topic sentence (10 points)________4-6 Supporting sentences (20 points)_______Concluding Sentence (10 points)__________Unity & Coherence (10 points)___________
*Please copy this rubric at the bottom of your paper*DOL #51Grammar Review: Principal Parts Verbs
Using Verbs: Pretest #2, pg. 673 (1-10)Practice Your Skills pg. 675 (1-12) *Make sure to use the blue charts on pg. 675 to help you!!*
DOL #521. right your name in the corner he said and put your title on the first line.
2. when is your school having its open house asked mary.
3. one of the birds is making its nest.
4. im righting a letter to sports illustrated my favorite magazine. DOL #531. she reminded him by the way that he had already shook the can of paint.
2. in chicago, illinois we stayed at the conrad hilton hotel.
3. the burglar would of stole my watch if i hadnt been wearing it. Lesson 10 Vocabulary Words Around the House*QUIZ NEXT WEDNESDAY (12/12)1. Alcove9. Habitable2. Appliance (2)10. Hovel3. Atrium (1.B)11. Insulation (1&2)4. Candelabrum 12. Lair5. Canister13. Lavatory6. Domestic14. Ottoman (6)7. Enclosure (5 &6)15. Porcelain 8. Grille