Post on 22-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBuddhism Blue Cliff Record Meditation Koan
- 1. Introduction toChn Meditation 2010/10/02 Buddhist Association of Canada Cham Shan Temple
2. Buddhist Association of Canada Cham Shan Temple n m f tu Namo Buddha n m d m Namo Dharma n m sng qi Namo Sangha 3.
- Towards a Liberated and Enlightened Life
Introduction to Buddhist Meditation 4. Meditation 3 adjustments
- Adjust posture:
- Adjust breathing:
- Adjust mind:
5. 7 Postures: 6. AdjustBreathing: 7. AdjustBreathing: 8. AdjustBreathing: 9. Adjust Breathing : 10. , 11. 12. , , 13.
- The Vajra Prajn Pramit Sutra
The Vajra Prajn Pramit Sutra 14. Chapter 14Still Extinction Apart from Marks
- Subhuti, further I recall that in the past, for five hundred lives, I was the patient immortal. During all those lives I had no mark of self, no mark of others, no mark of living beings, and no mark of a life. For that reason, Subhuti, a Bodhisattva should, relinquishing all marks, produce the heart of Anuttarasayaksabodhi.
15. Chapter 14Still Extinction Apart from Marks
- He should produce that heart without dwelling in forms, he should produce that heart without dwelling in sounds, smells, tastes, tangible objects, or dharmas. He should produce that heart which does not dwell anywhere, any dwelling of the heart is no dwelling. Therefore the Buddha says, the heart of a Bodhisattva should not dwell in forms when he gives.
16. Chapter 14Still Extinction Apart from Marks
- Subhuti, a Bodhisattva, to benefit all beings, should give thus. All marks are spoken of by the Tathgata as no marks, and all living beings are spoken of as no living beings. Subhuti, the Tathgata is one who speaks the truth, who speaks the actual, who speaks what is so, who does not speak what is false, who does not speak what is not so.
17. Chapter 14Still Extinction Apart from Marks
- Subhuti, the Dharma obtained by the Tathgata is neither true nor false. Subhuti, a Bodhisattva whose heart dwells in dharmas when he gives is like a man who enters darkness, who cannot see a thing. A Bodhisattva whose heart does not dwell in dharmas when he gives is like a man with eyes in the bright sunlight who can see all kinds of forms.
18. 19. Blue Cliff Recod Case 30 : Zhao Zhous Big Radishes
- A monk asked Zhao Zhou, "I have heard by rumor that you have personally seen Nan Quan. Is this true or not?"
- Zhao Zhou replied, Zhen county produces very large radishes."
20. Blue Cliff Recod Case 30 : Zhao Zhous Big Radishes
- Zhen County produces a giant radish;
- All the patchrobed monks in the country seize upon this as a principle;
- They only know it as extending from past to present;
- How can they distinguish that the swan is white and the crow is black?
- Thief! Thief! He has snatched patchrobed monks nostrils.
- Shengguang Shi
- Tom Cheung
- Kam Cheung
- Dennis Yap
Questions and Comments 22.