20 Rules for Selling Ideas to Your Boss
Post on 11-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONBruce Kasanoff is a ghostwriter for entrepreneurs, executives and social innovators. Learn more at http://www.kasanoff.com.
- Rule #1: You actually have to do stuff.
- Rule #2: Avoid open warfare.
- Rule #3: Never bluff your boss. Do your research.
- Rule #4: Only talk numbers to numbers people.* * Your boss may be ego-driven, not numbersdriven.
- Rule #5: Talking louder is seldom an effective sales strategy.
- Rule #6: Never inflate results. Long-term trust is more important than short-term wins.
- Rule #7: Dont obsess over whether you are treated fairly. Obsess over results.
- Rule #8: No surprises. Ever.
- Rule #9: Look the role you are trying to play.
- Rule #10: Dont overcommit.
- Rule #11: If you screw up, admit it. Then fix it.
- Rule #12: Be yourself. Life is too long to fake a role.
- Rule #13: Relax. There is no Rule 13.
- Rule #14: Pay more attention to the details of your business than your boss does.
- Rule #15: Dont hang yourself. Only promise results you KNOW you can deliver.
- Rule #16: Dont waffle. If you promised Ultra, deliver Ultra.
- Rule #17: Keep your cool. Anger causes tunnelvision.
- Rule #18: Do not get full of yourself. Always show respect.
- Rule #19: When you get feedback, actually listen to it. Listen to my radio interview on selling ideas to your boss.
- Rule #20: Your boss is a person, too. Watch for signs that today might be a bad or good day to pitch your idea. Listen to my radio interview on selling ideas to your boss.
- All images by Ollyy/Shutterst ock! Created by Bruce Kasanoff Linked In: 110+ articles | Profile Slideshare: 20+ free decks Website: Kasanoff.com Book: Smart Customers, Stupid Companies Phone: Email: 203.341.9448 firstname.lastname@example.org
- This may be shocking, but it is time to go back to work.
View more >