the most famous museums in the world
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.The most famous museums in the world
2. The State Hermitage is amuseumof art and culture
- On 7 February 1852 the first Russian public museum was opened to visitors in the building of the New Hermitage
- the 19th century brought changes in the life of the royal residence as well
- The official and private life of the imperial family took place within these walls
The main architectural ensemble oftheHermitage situated inthecentre ofStPetersburg consists of 3. theformer state residence oftheRussian emperors 4. theWinter Palace 5.
- theSmall, Old (Great) andNew Hermitages
6. theHermitage Theatre andtheAuxiliary House 7.
- theEastern Wing oftheGeneral Staff building
8. theMenshikov Palace 9. The collection
- art andartefacts oftheworld culture
10. TheGrand Louvre
- located on theRight Bankof theSeine .
- as a fortress by Philip II in the 12th century
The etymology of the nameLouvreis also uncertain TheMuse du Louvrecontainsmore than 380,000objects anddisplays 35,000works of art ineight curatorial departments such asEgyptian antiquities 11. 12. 13. Near Eastern antiquities, Greek,Etruscan, and Roman, Islamic art, Sculpture, Decorative arts, Painting, Prints and drawings 14. http://atas.ru/movie/2393927/html 15. The British Museum
- founded in 1753
It contains one of the world's richest collections of antiquitiesand (until 1997) one of the largest libraries in the world: British Library. monuments of primitive and antique culture, Ancient East culture, the richest collection of engravings, pictures, ceramics, coins. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. The British Museum library
The British Museum Library has a very big collection of printed books and manuscripts, both old and new The British Museum's collection of sevenmillion objects representing the rich historyof human cultures mirrors the city of London's global variety