The Art of Storymaking.
Post on 16-Aug-2015
- 1. To Storymaking From Storytelling
- 2. Have you noticed that it has become more and more difficult to connect with your audience? Why is it such a challenge to capture their attention?
- 3. photos uploaded to Instagram every minute Your audience is overloaded with content options. Why? 100 6,000 38,194 tweets posted to Twitter every second Hours of content uploaded to Youtube every minute
- 4. average consumers click through for an online banner ad. Why? They are skipping or ignoring your brand message. 1 in 1,000 86% of people skip TV commercials.
- 5. of millennials believe online advertising to be credible. Why? They are more informed, more savvy, and more skeptical of brand messages than ever before.. 6% 53% of consumers say they wont buy from a company they dont trust.
- 6. Organizations are still using old storytelling techniques The reason? in a social media driven world.
- 7. Traditional Storytelling Passive User Experience Message Mass Distribution Content Creation The message stops here! Organization It used to be all about you Brands control the messaging from top to bottom Delivering a passive Dead-End user experience.
- 8. The New Story-Making Format Now its all about them
- 9. People use social networks as platforms for expressing their digital personas. They arent interested in telling your story, they want to tell their story. Story-Making is the process of making your brand part of their personal narrative. but what is a story in the age of social media?
- 10. USER Our digital identity is made of the actions we take. What is Story-Making?
- 11. USER Votes on a Question Shares a Photo Posts a Comment Recommends a Product Ranks a Service RSVPs to a Party Checks-in at a Place Watches a Video Installs an App A takes an on an That ACTION then becomes content that is shared with an interested group of peers
- 12. Your brand can become a part of the stories Users Content Distribution that are told by supporters
- 13. The future of storytelling isnt about telling anyone anything. Its about storymaking, where the brand facilitates and taps into the stories people are creating and sharing with each other. Storytelling is the epitome of the old one-way, broadcast mindset that so many of us in marketing are trying to leave behind. Storymaking, by contrast, is far more fulfilling, and exactly what will matter to the people all of our brands are trying to reach. David Berkowitz The Beginning of the end of Storytelling Ad Age, September 17, 2014 From Storytelling to Storymaking
- 14. Users Content Generation Distribution An active user experience The end of the Dead End experience. Story-Making can be used to create a strong call to action that turns one engagement into many.
- 15. Why does Storymaking matter? of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family more than any other form of advertising. 92%
- 16. It is cost effective. Think of story-making as taking a crowdsourced approach to achieving your content needs. When Starbucks launched its white Re-usable plastic cups. It challenged its customers to demonstrate their creativity and submit photos of the results.. 4,123 cup designs later, Starbucks had successfully reached a large global audience with custom creative concepts shared among friends.
- 17. The friends of your target audience have a high probability of being your target audience. Your target consumers are gatekeepers to a trusted network of potential clients. They just need to be activated to spread the word on behalf of your brand. It is targeted. Homophily: (n) The tendency of individuals to associate with others of the same kind.
- 18. It will actually reach your audience. If you arent in my newsfeed, I wont see you. the average American spends 3 hours on social media channels per day Sleep Other Social Browsing To find your audience you must be in the newsfeeds where they consume their information.
- 19. Story-sharing content is more effective in helping you move your users towards the action you want. of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family more than any other form of advertising It converts. Awareness Buy-in Action 98% 95% 92% more likely to engage with a friends post over a brands post say friends are the most credible source of product/brand info
- 20. Story-Making In Action Non-Profit Beautify Earth turned a mural painting project into a story-making opportunity by inviting local community members to take action on thrdPlace.com! Story-making occurred as users shared their action of support with their peers of social followers. Beautify Earth used thrdPlace to share its project story and the funds, supplies, and volunteers needed. I volunteered to paint a mural with @BeautifyEarth @Dogearedjewelry @Senchanaturals. Join us! Learn more: http://ow.ly/HsWtY Brand sponsors joined in on the story! Im painting a mural with @BeautifyEarth @Dogearedjewelry @Senchanaturals. Join us! ow.ly/HsWtY
- 21. In less than four hours on a Sunday in June, participants helped bring the 30 x 50 mural to life! Story-Making In Action By sharing their story, users generated Posts 98 Users 24 Reach (uniques) 58,778 Impressions 81,113 ONE MURAL PROJECT
- 22. Sherwood Moore // VP Marketing // Sherwood@ThrdPlace.com // 310.560.7875
View more >
Storytelling and storymaking: paving the way for literacy at kindergarten Storytelling and storymaking: paving the way for literacy at kindergarten Prof.
Storytelling and Storymaking: A New Paradigm for Sustainability Management Joshua Lasky University of the District of Columbia (UDC) Paul Morgan West Chester.
Bach: The Art of Fugue Hyperion-C ANGELA HEWITT piano 6 ... surgeon Dr John Taylor to ... , The Art of Fugue. The Art of Fugue. The Art of Fuguecom -. The Art of Fugue. The Art of Fugue The Art of ...