sri sathya sai - annual report_2آ sri sathya sai baba 30th september, 1980. ... â€¢ the sri...
Post on 03-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
We shall be judged not by the creed we profess or the label we wear or the slogans we shout but by the work, the industry, the sacrifice, the honesty and purity of character. Realise the Heaven within you and all at once all the desires are fulfilled, all the misery and sufferings is put
an end to. Feel yourself above the body and its environments above the mind and its motives, above the thought of success or fear. The great cause of suffering in the world is that people do not look within; they
rely on outside forces. With Love
Sri Sathya Sai Baba 30th September, 1980
This report is dedicated at the lotus feet of
Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
About Sri Sathya Sai Baba Sri Sathya Sai Baba, a loving God to his devotees, a universal teacher and humanitarian to others, has inspired millions of people across the world through his teachings of truth, love, peace, right conduct and nonviolence. His gospel of unconditional love expressed through selfless service, continues to inspire thousands of voluntary initiatives by the members of the Sai Organisation and others worldwide. His teachings of universal love and acceptance have found their way into millions of hearts in India and abroad, transcending all boundaries of race and religion. The teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba stress the equality of all religions, embracing all faiths as valid ways to truth, peace, love and God. They emphasize service to fellow human beings, and they have inspired millions to involve themselves in philanthropic activities.
Contents SRI SATHYA SAI CENTRAL TRUST » Report of the Trustees 4
» About the Trust 6
» Financial Statement 10
» Festivities at Prasanthi Nilayam 14
MEDICARE » Medicare 34
» Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Prasanthigram 35
» Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Whitefield 40
» Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital 45
» Sri Sathya Sai Mobile Hospital 48
» Telehealth 50
» Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Nursing 51
EDUCARE » Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning 54
» Sri Sathya Sai Mirpuri College of Music 64
» Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School 66
» Sai Schools in India 68
» Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini 69
» Annual Sports and Cultural Meet 74
» Sri Sathya Sai Gramaseva Project 79
SOCIOCARE » Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, India 84
» Sathya Sai International Organisation 99
» Sri Sathya Sai Easwaramma Women's Welfare Trust 114
» Sri Sathya Sai Nithya Annadana Padhakam 117
» Sri Sathya Sai Media Foundation 119
» Human Resources 124
4 SRI SATHYA SAI CENTRAL TRUST
Report of the Trustees
Report of the Trustees For the period April 1, 2012 – March 31, 2013
Two years have elapsed since the sud- den physical departure of our Founder Trustee, Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. In the first year, it was a new experience for all of us to come to grips with the al- tered situation, and this severely tested our faith and confidence. But the reas- suring sense of devotion of the devo- tees to Baba, and the steadfast commit- ment of the several institutions founded by him, enabled the Trustees to take up the task of ensuring that His mission continued to flourish.
The Trustees, having realized that the need of the hour was total transparency with respect to the affairs of the Trust, instituted the practice of presenting Annual Reports of the complete activi- ties of the Trust and other Institutions engaged in the mission. Accordingly, they submit this, their third Annual Re- port, for the period, 1st April, 2012 to 31st
The following were the significant decisions and actions taken during this period:
• The Board of Trustees held 11 meet- ings during the year under review and deliberated on issues and mat- ters connected with the administra- tion of the Trust.
• The Board of Management of the Trust held 12 meetings.
• The steps introduced for better gov- ernance that were already imple- mented were further fine tuned dur- ing the year.
• The Information Technology Sys- tems in the different units of the Trust are being standardized to be on a common platform to enable
speedy transfer and reporting of data.
• The Internal Audit procedures in- troduced last year are being refined further.
• In keeping up with the spirit of the current trend of legislation with re- spect to audit tenure, appropriate changes have been initiated in ap- pointment of statutory auditors for the Trust.
• All statutory reports to the Central and State Governments have been submitted in time.
• Substantial Investments to modern- ize facilities, as indicated in the state- ment of Accounts, are being made in the procurement and installation of the latest generation of Medical Equipment at the two Super Spe- cialty Hospitals at Prasanthi Nilayam and Whitefield.
• Action has been initiated to expand the General Hospital at Prasanthi Nilayam.
• The Hospitals continue their aca- demic activities with the DNB post- graduate training programme with very commendable results.
• The Hospitals also continue to or- ganize notable conferences on im- portant specialties for practicing medical professionals with good participation.
• The implementation of the exten- sion of Rural Drinking Water Supply Project to a further 118 habitations of the Anantapur District is under prog- ress. It is expected that the supply of water from this project to the vil- lages will begin in November 2013,
subject to power supply being ex- tended in time by the Government.
• The Trust completed the construc- tion of 300 additional houses in the flood-affected villages of Odisha State and handed them over to the beneficiaries. The total number of houses constructed under this proj- ect in Odisha is 1,000.
• While the Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation has been rendering re- lief to pilgrims and residents in the flood affected state of Uttarakhand, the Trust proposes to take up reha- bilitation work, subject to the ap- proval of the State Government, with respect to residential houses.
• The Trust continues to support the Sai schools in several parts of India to improve their facilities and academic standards.
• The Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini Pro- gramme continues to expand its coverage. Existing Buildings have been suitably altered providing good logistics and are made avail- able for this programme at Prasanthi Nilayam.
• Additional buildings are being planned for the Sri Sathya Sai Insti- tute of Higher Learning.
• Construction of buildings for the centre for research at Prasanthi Nilayam, and for the Hostel of Muddenahalli will be taken up at an early date.
• All festivals and functions were ob- served and celebrated on schedule as before.
• The second anniversary of the Ma- hasamadhi of the Founder Trustee
5ANNUAL REPORT 2012-13
Report of the Trustees
was observed with due solemnity as an Aradhana Festival on April 24, 2012. His Excellency Sri E.S.L Narasim- han, Honorable Governor of Andhra Pradesh was the chief guest.
• Grama Seva (village service) was conducted in 153 villages in three mandals of Anantapur District for ten days with free distribution of clothes and food and the active par- ticipation of the students and staff of our educational Institutions.
Justice P.N. Bhagwati, Trustee and for- mer Chief Justice of India, has submit- ted his resignation from the Board of Trustees on grounds of advanced age,
which does not enable him to attend
the meetings of the Board. Justice Bhag-
wati is a very long standing devotee of
Shri J.V. Shetty, former Chairman of Ca-
nara Bank, has also submitted his resig-
nation on grounds of ill health.
The Board of Trustees records the
very valuable services rendered by both
these Trustees during their tenures of of-
Justice A.P. Misra, former judge of the
Supreme Court of India, was appointed
as a Trustee on 31st May, 2013.
We gratefully acknowledge the con-
tinuous support and assistance we have been receiving from the Governments of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
We have drawn inspiration from the constant and active involvement and support of the millions of Baba’s devo- tees. We wish to place on record our ap- preciation of the committed service ren- dered by all the employees of the Trust, our associate organizations, the com- mitted force of Seva Dal volunteers and the large number of our well wishers.
We the Trustees of the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust rededicate ourselves to the mission of our Founder Trustee, Bhaga- wan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
Always in His service
Board of Trustees 20th October, 2013
"Service expresses the Divinity hidden in man. It broadens one's heart, it destroys narrow-mindedness, and it gives delight. The evil
qualities and tendencies in us can driven away through service."
6 SRI SATHYA SAI CENTRAL TRUST
Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust