sol le witt
Post on 03-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Sol LeWitt
2. What is abstract art?
This is an example of abstract art.
What do you think abstract means?
3. Abstract Art
Abstract artists felt that paintings did not have to show only things that were recognizable. In their paintings they did not try to show people, animals, or places exactly as they appeared in the real world.
They mainly used color and shape in their paintings to show emotions. Some Abstract art is also called Non-objective art. In non-objective art, you do not see specific objects. It is not painted to look like something specific.
4. Which artwork is abstract?
5. Which work is abstract?
6. All of these artworks are abstract. What makes them alike?
7. Sol LeWitt1928-2007
8. Wall Drawing #808, 1996.The Whitney Museum of Art, NY.
10. Wall Drawing #766, 1994.Color ink wash
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. How is Sol Lewitts work shared?
18. 19. 20. 21. Lgica das permutaes e variaes
22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. Arte minimalista: reduo das formas uma situao elementar, geomtrica, apresentadas de forma impessoal.
32. 33. 34. 35. Alm dos desenhos e pinturas murais, criou instalaes.
Sua arte performtica, pontuando um conceito constante.
36. Incomplete Open Cubes.Installation views The Wadsworth Athenaeum Museum of Art