softlayer object storage
out of 9
Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Object Storage
- 2. 2 Object Storage Durable designed to withstand multiple hardware failures by storing data across multiple devices, continuous integrity checking and repair Object Lifecycle Management manage lifecycle of objects through versioning and expirations Open APIs built on open source OpenStack Swift Pay-go Pricing only pay for space and outbound bandwidth you use, no per-operation or inbound bandwidth charges Highly Elastic, Massively Scalable no capacity management, just use what you need, when you need, no matter how much CDN distribute content via world-class CDN with single button click SFTP Access no need for special tooling, access using native SFTP clients Metadata Search object metadata automatically indexed and searchable Inexpensive, scalable, durable storage for massive amounts of unstructured data
- 3. 3 Object Storage Use Cases Select for ... durably storing semi-structured or unstructured data Use Cases Social / Mobile App Storage ... user generated content requiring elasticity and durability via simple API Analytics Data Store rapidly expanding data sets demanding read/write capacity that scale with the data Offsite Backup / Archive backup or archive data off site for business continuity or disaster recovery purposes. NAS Filer Consolidation pair with Cloud Storage Gateway to simplify management and reduce costs by eliminating localized storage islands
- 4. 4 Tokyo Hong Kong Singapore Melbourne Seattle San Jose Los Angeles Mexico City Denver Chicago Dallas Houston Toronto Montreal Brazil New York City Washington D.C. Miami Frankfurt Amsterdam Paris Sydney Atlanta London Global Reach Milan more Object Storage clusters than any other cloud provider!
- 5. 5 Management Interfaces Portal Mobile API
- 6. 6 Metadata Search Services Integrated search service allowing users to search the index based on account, container or path 6 Overview Automatically indexes object metadata with no external services to manage Simple URL-based queries Searching can be scoped to accounts, containers, or a specified path Results available in multiple formats, including JSON and XML Use Cases Tagging, finding, and listing user-generated content for display in mobile applications Locating subsets of data to use for analytic analysis Identifying duplicate content through matching ETags Finding recently modified content for workflow- based processes Learn more at http://sldn.softlayer.com/article/API-Operations-Search-Services
- 7. 7 CDN Access global delivery network offering low latency speeds and pay-as-you-go bandwidth pricing 7 Overview Integrated into SoftLayer Object Storage to accelerate content delivery with the click of a button Partnered with EdgeCast to offer one of the worlds fastest and most reliable content delivery networks Distribute content in 24 geographically diverse nodes Pay-as-you-go bandwidth with no extra fees Use Cases Static content delivered at lightning fast speeds Personalized web applications that require fast discovery of products such as travel and e- commerce applications Localized cache for varying applications that have a geographical focus such as weather, local news, or advertising Social media applications requiring personalized, interactive content involving frequent trips origin servers. Learn more at http://www.softlayer.com/content-delivery-network
- 8. 8 Data Transfer Service Send a USB device, CD, or DVD to be directly connected to the SoftLayer network for high-speed transfer Overview Ship a USB device, CD, or DVD to a selected data center where it is presented as an iSCSI target as alternative to lengthy upload over public internet or Direct Link Default two (2) week period can be extended Hardware returned to the customer Free of charge Use Cases Rapid Ingest of large datasets: deliver large analytics datasets for processing On-boarding: deliver initial copy of VMs and other data Disaster Recovery: copy backup/archive data to mounted device and ship to customer premises
- 9. 9 Aspera High-Speed File Transfer Securely move data directly into cloud-based storage at line-speed Aspera On Demand Aspera On Demand leverages Asperas patented fasp transport technology, to deliver reliable, ultra-fast transfers, enterprise- grade security, and precise control over transfer speed and priority. The Aspera fasp transport enables users to achieve line speed transfer rates, resume of partial transfers, and encryption in transit over the wire and at rest. Aspera's software moves the worlds data at maximum speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance or network conditions.
View more >